I Am Not Going To Get Up Today! by Dr. Seuss

I Am Not Going To Get Up Today! (1987)

by Dr. Seuss

8112011,231 (3.77)4

Kindergarten- This is a story of a boy who decides that he really does not want to get up to anything in the morning. He just wants to stay in his warm bed. Everyone does all they can to wake him up, but he really wants to just stay in bed. At the end after everyone has tried to wake him up they decide he must really mean it and they give a policeman his egg.
  RachelHollingsworth | Feb 24, 2015 |
This is a book that relates to adults and teenagers more than children... only because kids are usually excited to get out of bed and hate naps while those of us who are older cherish "nap time". With that being said it is a funny book that children would enjoy and it has the great rhyming element which i think makes reading fun. The scenarios are funny and outlandish, another element kids would appreciate. ( )
  kitbraddick | Jan 21, 2015 |
He rams people trying to get him up with a band of circus animals. He just won't get up. ( )
  firhetrick | Feb 7, 2011 |
I am not going to get up today is my book. If you like Dr. Seuss here is a book for you. It is about a boy who will not get up. All of the people in the city try to get the boy up. If you want to know if the boy get's up, then read I am not going to get up. ( )
  firhetrick | Feb 7, 2011 |
Good for the last week of school read aloud and what's not to like about James Stevenson's illustrations! ( )
  madamepince | Jun 6, 2010 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394892178, Hardcover)

Although I'm Not Going to Get Up Today! is aimed at young readers, it just gets better as you get older. Only after you've weathered more than few world-weary years can you fully appreciate this book's profound and universal message: "The alarm can ring. The birds can peep. My bed is warm. My pillow's deep. Today's the day I'm going to sleep!" But the rhyming words of Dr. Seuss and goofy illustrations from James Stevenson will surely get more than a few giggles from the old and the young, as everyone in town--from brothers and sisters to the police and the Marines--conspires to get our little hero out of bed. But, as the sleepy boy says, "nobody's going to get me up, no matter what he does." (Not with tickling nor shaking nor cold water on the head.) "Nothing's going to get me up. Why can't you understand! You'll only waste your money if you hire a big brass band." (Ages 4 to 8) --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:09 -0400)

A boy is so sleepy that he vows nothing will get him out of his morning bed, neither peas and beans nor the United States Marines.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,302,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible