I Am Not Going To Get Up Today! by Dr. Seuss

I Am Not Going To Get Up Today! (1987)

by Dr. Seuss

He rams people trying to get him up with a band of circus animals. He just won't get up. ( )
  firhetrick | Feb 7, 2011 |
I am not going to get up today is my book. If you like Dr. Seuss here is a book for you. It is about a boy who will not get up. All of the people in the city try to get the boy up. If you want to know if the boy get's up, then read I am not going to get up. ( )
  firhetrick | Feb 7, 2011 |
Good for the last week of school read aloud and what's not to like about James Stevenson's illustrations! ( )
  madamepince | Jun 6, 2010 |
This is the story of a little boy who refuses to wake up. He says that no matter what he will sleep in because he is tired. The rhymes make the reading fun and the kids can totally relate to the little boy!
  srrush | Nov 17, 2009 |
The book is about a child says he is not getting up in the morning. He says he does not care if any child in the world or anywhere is getting up, but he is definitely not. It is a funny, rhyming book about laziness and sleeping in.
  cegordon | Nov 17, 2009 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394892178, Hardcover)

Although I'm Not Going to Get Up Today! is aimed at young readers, it just gets better as you get older. Only after you've weathered more than few world-weary years can you fully appreciate this book's profound and universal message: "The alarm can ring. The birds can peep. My bed is warm. My pillow's deep. Today's the day I'm going to sleep!" But the rhyming words of Dr. Seuss and goofy illustrations from James Stevenson will surely get more than a few giggles from the old and the young, as everyone in town--from brothers and sisters to the police and the Marines--conspires to get our little hero out of bed. But, as the sleepy boy says, "nobody's going to get me up, no matter what he does." (Not with tickling nor shaking nor cold water on the head.) "Nothing's going to get me up. Why can't you understand! You'll only waste your money if you hire a big brass band." (Ages 4 to 8) --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:09 -0400)

A boy is so sleepy that he vows nothing will get him out of his morning bed, neither peas and beans nor the United States Marines.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,114,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible