First One Missing by Tammy Cohen

First One Missing

by Tammy Cohen

Four girls have been murdered over the span of however many years. We go through the mechanical motions of the grieving mothers' every day lives instead of focusing more on the killer and building tension. There are liaison officers and a journalist. And lots of other people. The first three or four chapters all have different characters narrating. I found it hard to keep track of everyone and quickly ended up not caring about any of them. I skimmed the last half of the book. I didn't like the "twist". Or anything else for that matter. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
Young girls are being murdered in North London. This is a dark tale but also fantastic and I for one couldn't put it down! Must now read more books by this very talented author. ( )
  boudicca123 | Jun 6, 2015 |

This is a page-turning pyschological thriller with the gripping plot of Girl On A Train and the chilling suspense of Before I Go To Sleep...There are three things no-one can prepare you for when your daughter is murdered: - You are haunted by her memory day and night - Even close friends can't understand what you are going through. - Only in a group with mothers of other victims can you find real comfort. But as the bereaved parents gather to offer support in the wake of another killing, a crack appears in the group that threatens to rock their lives all over again. Welcome to the club no one wants to join. "A taut, psychologically gripping, gut-wrenching thriller from one of my favourite writers." (Lisa Jewell).

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 03 Jul 2015 10:06:34 -0400)

This is a page-turning pyschological thriller with the gripping plot of Girl On A Train and the chilling suspense of Before I Go To Sleep... There are three things no-one can prepare you for when your daughter is murdered: - You are haunted by her memory day and night - Your friends and family fear you are going mad - Only in a group with mothers of other victims can you find real comfort. Welcome to the club no one wants to join.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,417,150 books! | Top bar: Always visible