Alien Love by Stan Schatt

Alien Love

by Stan Schatt

531,436,638 (4.17)None

Jack is an ex SEAL who is back in civilian life and struggling to cope with the outcome of his last mission. He is on meds and struggling to sleep. His friend approaches him looking for a place to crash and tells him that aliens are real, he's seen them. When his friend disappears, Jack doesn't know what to think. Shortly after, Jack rescues a young woman called Cassandra from some thug who tries to kidnap her. But Cassandra isn't all that she seems. Jack soon learns that aliens are very real and that more than one race is on Earth.
Well written with a strong lead, Jack is a relatable character and a great protagonist. The plot is believable and a lot of research has gone into it. I think this will appeal to action and sci-fi fans. ( )
  skgregory | May 25, 2018 |
Alien Love is one of those books that you can really believe in. Just the kind of book for me. Stan has researched his subject matter well and that comes across eloquently in his writing.

Jack is an exceptional lead character, who is well-developed and researched, it is very easy to get to know him well and understand his thoughts and feelings. Especially those concerning his anger.

The story is well-paced, believable and will have you glued throughout. I was able to believe that we have aliens on our planet and that the American government are keeping secrets. Well it is true isn’t it?

Any sci-fi fan will love this book. Enjoy

NB I received this book free for an hones review. ( )
  theReadingHead | Aug 21, 2015 |
Jack Starling is a 25 year old ex-SEAL who is having trouble finding a job, needs therapy and plenty of meds to deal with his headaches. He also hasn’t had any luck with women. At his therapist request, he hasn’t had any contact with the members of his SEAL team; but, when one of his team goes missing, Jack re-assembles everyone for a dangerous mission. Jack’s friend, Moon, has been abducted and taken to a secret base in New Mexico. Some strange things are going on in this base and Jack doesn’t find out exactly what until he meets an even stranger woman. Cassandra is like no one Jack has ever met before, and for a good reason, she is not from this planet. Cassandra has insight into the base and the aliens that run it, but what do all the aliens want with Earth?
A quick science fiction read with lots of action, government conspiracy and aliens. Jack was an awesome character with a ton of great skills and an awesome personality, but is also very realistic to the experience an ex-SEAL might experience. Cassandra is also engrossing; she is very close to a human and a strong, female warrior of her species. I was really intrigued by the different alien races, what they are doing on Earth and any possible threat that they might be to humans. There is a lot to think about with what Jack finds out about the aliens and their purpose. There is a lot of science, technology and politics involved with this, but it is well explained and there is some really cool technology in here. I do wish the prologue tied into the book a little more, and the end did seem a little rushed with a lot going on, but overall this is a good sci-fi read and great for lovers of Star Trek.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review. ( )
  Mishker | May 28, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,408,243 books! | Top bar: Always visible