Better When He's Brave by Jay Crownover

Better When He's Brave

by Jay Crownover

413279,442 (4)None

Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

I was really excited to read this one and it didn't disappoint. I found myself absorbed in this story because I enjoyed these two leads as characters. They were a good match and I really wanted them to succeed. This book reminded me a lot of Sin City--in the sense that it's a darker, true grit feel to it. I think Jay Crownover does a good job with her introduction to get you to understand what she wants you to get out of this book. It's a bit of a fantasy in the sense that things are over the top but it is still highly entertaining and somewhat realistic. It works the stereotypes and expectations really well.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p3txrs-AY
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
Just when this series was starting to really heat up.... it's over? Say it isn't so...
Ever since the first book, I've been waiting for Titus to get his story and boy did this one deliver. I was on pins and needles from the first page and found myself sadly disappointed when I read the last word. I know there is a spin off series in the works, but there are a couple of secondary characters included in book 2 and then again in this one that I really want to see get their own love story.
So sit back and enjoy this great book in a great series.
Happy Reading! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
“People that fell in love in the Point had to do so knowing it was a battle to stay in love. Everything here was a fight, and in a dangerous place full of dangerous people, love was often the only thing people were willing to do the right thing for.” - Titus King

Titus King lives in a bad world where a lot of the bad people that live in it are his friends and family. Just because they chose that life Titus fights with all his might to stay on the right side of the law as a police detective in the Point.

Reeve Black also grew up in the Point and had a decent childhood until someone murdered her sister. Her need for revenge against that man made her owe a favor to the devil himself and she's been paying for that mistake ever since.

Titus and Reeve certainly from an outside view dont look like they would be a match. Even though Titus doesnt agree with the choices Reeve has made which almost got his brother's girlfriend killed he is able to see that underneath her tough exterior is a woman who has a heart and is trying right some wrongs she's made. The Point and its dangerous occupants though dont want to let her go and this brings Titus and his family and friends back under the crossfire of the spawn of the evil man they had already put down.

Another dark and gripping tale from the Point with characters even though they walk the line of right and wrong captivate you into their stories and their fights to survive and see love triumph. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |

In New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jay Crownover’s third novel in her sexy, thrilling Welcome to the Point series, a woman’s search for repentance leads her to the one man from her past she can’t forget as they join forces to save their city—and the explosive love neither can live without.

Titus King sees the world in black and white. Right and wrong. Which is why as a teenager he left behind the only family he’d ever known to make a better life for himself. Now a police detective in one of the worst cities in the country, he can’t deny his life has turned into a million different shades of gray.

The new criminal element in The Point has brought vengeance and destruction right to Titus’s front door, and the difference between right and wrong is nothing compared to keeping those he loves alive. To add to his already strained moral compass, the beautiful and mysterious Reeve Black has made her way back to town, and she might be as dangerous to Titus as the guy trying to destroy the Point because he needs her—in more ways than one.

Reeve knows all about how ruthless this new threat to destroy The Point can be… and instead of running away, she wants to help. She has a lot to repent for and saving the city, plus the hot cop that she hasn’t been able to forget might just be the only way she can finally find some inner peace.

With an entire city poised on the brink of war, Titus and Reeve stand in the crossfire—and it will take two brave souls to fight for the ultimate love.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Jul 2015 17:59:35 -0400)

Titus King sees the world in black and white. Right and wrong. Which is why as a teenager he left behind the only family he'd ever known to make a better life for himself. Now a police detective in one of the worst cities in the country, he can't deny his life has turned into a million different shades of gray. The new criminal element in The Point has brought vengeance and destruction right to Titus's front door, and the difference between right and wrong is nothing compared to keeping those he loves alive. To add to his already strained moral compass, the beautiful and mysterious Reeve Black has made her way back to town, and she might be as dangerous to Titus as the guy trying to destroy the Point because he needs her--in more ways than one. Reeve knows all about how ruthless this new threat to destroy The Point can be... and instead of running away, she wants to help. She has a lot to repent for and saving the city, plus the hot cop that she hasn't been able to forget might just be the only way she can finally find some inner peace.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,380,838 books! | Top bar: Always visible