The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily…

The Wonderful Things You Will Be

by Emily Winfield Martin

Summary:
"The Wonderful Things You Will Be" by Emily Winfield Martin is an illustrated book about all of the things that children may grow up to become. As the story progresses the children grow just a little bit older and discover all of the things that they could do.

Personal Reaction:
This books features some of the cutest artwork that I have seen in a children's book. The artwork has a very cute idea in relating the illustrations to careers. Instead of having the children being grown, the pictures are of children doing certain careers as best as children can like a child who wants to be a doctor so he puts bandages on his teddy bear. The story highlights some of the key professions that some children grow up to be such as a doctor, teacher, or artist. I can relate to this story because I changed my mind so many times about what I wanted to do when I grew up. However, no matter how many times I changed my mind my parents always supported me.

Extension Ideas:
1.) This book is the perfect approach for a career unit for kids, especially if there is a day where kids are choosing what they want to do when they grow up.
2.) This book would also work well with a parent career day where children introduce their parents to the class and talk about what they do. ( )
  BreannaDavid | Jul 15, 2017 |
this book is about how many Wonderfull things a child can do with their life. it shows kids there is no limit to the things they can acheive
  maddybates | Jun 6, 2017 |
This book is about the relationship between a parent and their child. The parent tells the child all the things they will grow up to be and would be wonderful for a parent and a child to read together. This would be great for children under first grade. ( )
  heidi.donner | May 2, 2017 |
This book is about the relationship between a parent and a child. The parent tells the child all the things they will grow up to be. This book has rhyming and encourage kids to be anything they want to be. ( )
  MeaganBilski | May 2, 2017 |
This book is about a relationship with a child and parent and the parent tells the child everything that they can be as they grow up. It is a sweet book and also tells the child how much their parent cares for them. I would use this book to encourage my students that they can do anything that they set their mind to. I would use this book with young readers. ( )
  hannahcole | May 1, 2017 |

This book is written from a mother's perspective from when the child is a toddler to when they grow up. The narrator talks about things that her child may want to be when they grow up.

From Emily Winfield Martin, author/illustrator of Dream Animals, comes a new book that celebrates the dreams, acceptance, and love that parents have for their children . . . now and forever!

From brave and bold to creative and clever, the rhythmic rhyme expresses all the loving things that parents think of when they look at their children. With beautiful, and sometimes humorous, illustrations, this is a book grown-ups will love reading over and over to kids—both young and old. A great gift for any occasion, but a special stand-out for baby showers, birthdays, and graduation. The Wonderful Things You Will Be has a loving and truthful message that will endure for lifetimes.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:45:09 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,078,086 books! | Top bar: Always visible