Onyx Webb: Book One: Episodes 1, 2, & 3 by…

Onyx Webb: Book One: Episodes 1, 2, & 3

by Andrea Waltz, Richard Fenton (Author)

“We do not fear heights. We fear falling. Nor do we fear the darkness, but, rather, what we think may be lurking there. And in matters of life and death, we do not fear dying… only that it may be final.”

The 27 Immutable Matters of Life & Death
What really caught my attention with this book is that its cover is attractive. I like how the white blends with the eye-catchy font of the title. I love the skull cover made with the silhouettes of multiple spiders and their web. How cool is that? I didn’t know what the story made of and before I know it, I have a book to read and I tell you – it is good.

****

All of the episodes are unique, mysterious and interesting. With the three episodes that I’ve read, episode three really strike me hard in the chest. It is not something I will cry upon or something that I will mourn over. It is something that I won’t forget because of how the author manipulates words and brought pain to its readers when they are thinking or reading that certain line. It was beautiful and painful both at the same time. The last time I felt like this when I read the ending of Part 1 of The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom. You know the feeling when you read a certain part and it is painful to even on thinking about it? This is what I felt with Episode 3 of this book.

I’ve been warned by the author that her book was different from other books and I have to agree! It was really different and applausive, it was magnificent, I don’t know how to express it but this book knows no bound and capacity. As if I am experiencing someone else life and living through in an individual and going back to my own mentality as if I was confused whether what I just witnessed (or read) is created by my own imagination or a reality that stuck on my memory or it was just the book, itself.

****

I am reading Onyx Webb and I really don’t know what just happened on the last few pages of the book. It was unexpected. I don’t expect something so vulgar and yet shocking. I was futile and I am not prepared what is happening. I have to commend both authors for doing an excellent job on viewing such explosive and destructive to reader’s mind while emphasizing the behavior of the characters of this book in a tremendous state. I was in awe and I couldn’t think straight. I was terrified and scared but I like and love it both at the same time. It was raw, sweet and transparent.

“Nothing can ever take the pain away, not entirely, but knowing your loved ones are okay and at peace brings enormous comfort.”
I need to breathe! Onyx Webb is definitely a read! This one is one of the novels that needs a lot of reader’s attention. My emotions and feelings are unstable it is between traumatic, despair and thrilling. It was like you wanted more but you don’t want to read upon, you wanted to know what will happen next but the things that have been throwing into your mind are vicious.

“Where did you ever get the idea that the church is in the business of punishment?” Sister Mary Margaret said. “We’re in the business of forgiveness.”
Personally, I liked the book. It was a refreshing read. It was not my kind of genre but it turns out that it is. I think, I should read more books like this. I was so hooked with the turn of events in the book that I lost myself. Somehow, I love Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton’s writing style. They are easy to grasp and you’ll lose with their words. I also love how they put phrases between chapters and episodes. Sometimes, it was painful and grieving, scary and furious but above all, it was magical.

My mind is telling me to finish this book but my heart tells me no – I want more of it. And gods, that ending, how could you, guys, possibly end the book that way with that kind of situation, with that kind of realization? NO. YOU, JUST DON’T DO IT. Book 1 of Onyx Webb is surely a great book! And right now? I want the book two!!

My ratings: 4 stars! ( )
  Rafael_Ray | Aug 27, 2016 |
I first want to thank Andrea Waltz and Richard Fenton for sending me a copy of Onyx Webb: Book 1: Episodes 1, 2 and 3 in an exchange for an honest review.
Now, I will preface my review with this; I often save my five star reviews. I’m known to give four stars to books I love and admire. I am extremely critical but fair. That being said, Onyx Webb has received a soaring five stars from me.
Waltz and Fenton created a world unlike any other. They warn their readers that this story is unique and will leave you with unanswered questions. I may have scoffed at this opening statement. However, the moment I opened it and read page one, they got me; hook, line and sinker.
Onyx Webb is a gripping thriller of the paranormal variety. However, this is not your typical ghost story. While the title suggests that this is a story from Onyx Webb (a ghost), an assortment of other characters are introduced as the story unfolds. From billionaire Koda Mulvaney to Juiper Cole (an abductee) there are a slew of characters whose stories are bound to intertwine. They leave you second guessing yourself at the turn of every page.
Each character has their own narrative in the story and we are only given glimpses of what is to come. The worst thing about Onyx Webb: Book 1 is that I don’t already have book 2 in my possession. I admire the writing technique that Fenton and Waltz use throughout their unveiling of the supernatural world that is Onyx Webb. I haven’t been left in such a whirlwind of “I have to know what comes next” from a book in a very long time.
If you can handle not having immediate answers and you live for suspense, I highly recommend this book to you. Can you speculate how it ends? I challenge you to try because my guess is you won’t be able to see this bombshell coming.

lenamaybooks.wordpress.com ( )
  lenamaybooks | Aug 2, 2016 |
You can find me review on: https://theroyalpolarbearreads.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/book-review-onyx-webb-by-andrea-waltz-richard-fenton/

My ratings: 4 stars! ( )
  Rafael_Ray | Jun 1, 2016 |
I loved everything about this book. From the different points of view to the different dates in time to the fantastic illustrations and the hair raising creepiness.

When I reached the end of this book, Onyx Webb was still an enigma to me. I know there are many more episodes to come and I’m sure I’ll figure her out. The jury is still out about her right now.

Ever wanted to know how it felt to be a ghost? From what I learned in this book, it’s no fun. Can’t taste, can’t feel, and can’t love. Why stick around? This story will tell you why.

Taking place in different time periods, all of the characters start their stories here and it’s promised by the authors that following episodes will reveal their full stories and bring all of the characters together.

For now, I’m just getting to know Onyx and her father Catfish, rich boy Koda Mulvaney and his best friend Dane, Quinn Cole and his missing sister Juniper, and a slew of secondary characters.

I’ve read other books written in episodes but not quite like this. The characters stories span many centuries but it’s easy to follow them as their voices speak clearly. And there are several mysteries happening at different times and I have no clue how they’ll all come together.

I also knew there wouldn’t be an ending in this book, so no surprise there. And that’s the ‘hook.’ I was hooked from the first chapter, compelled to keep reading, and in no hurry to finish.

The illustrations are spectacular and the writing is easy to follow. Not what you’d expect at all with the story occurring in several different time periods and told from many points of view.

Trying to label this, I’d call this a ghost story and a mystery. Maybe adding a dash of historical too. With lots of showing and some telling. Short chapters that make the read fly. And I believe I already mentioned the illustrations. They are all through the book and ‘tell’ a story too.

There are several more books to come, each containing three episodes. You can bet I’m off to grab the second book now and will be watching for others as they are released. ( )
  laura-thomas | Feb 2, 2016 |
The tagline on the cover of Onyx Webb hooked me – Think life is precious now? Just wait until you’re dead – and I had to read Book I by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz. I am just hoping I made the right decision, because there are more books to come and I will not learn the ending here.

Onyx Webb is a paranormal thriller that will have you questioning the most important things in “life”. If you are a fan of character driven stories, this one is for you.

Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz do a wonderful job of building complex characters that are well developed and I quickly found my favorites and the villains. As each characters story grows, so does my interest.

We have kidnappers and serial killers, ghosts and visions. What is real? You will have to read Onyx Webb to find out for yourself.

There is more than one villain walking the streets and you never know who you can trust. People are not always what they seem.

Onyx is not your average child and her life took a turn for the worst when she met him.

Men – they can be the life of you or the death of you.

Onyx Webb, Book I laid a solid foundation.There is so much going on, that I feel I will not be able to rest until I know the whole story. Thank goodness Book II is out and waiting for me to grab a copy of my own.

I received Onyx Webb by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz in return for an honest and unbiased review.

To see more visit http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Jan 25, 2016 |

Andrea Waltzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fenton, RichardAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,891,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible