The War Planners by Andrew Watts

The War Planners

by Andrew Watts

"The War Planners" is a pretty good book. It's about a group of US military as well as public/private intelligence specialists who are "recruited" to take part in a war game. The difference is, they're to play the part of China, if China were to want to invade the US. How would these experts go about it? What's really going on was pretty obvious to me, especially since protagonist David Manning was abducted for the mission right off the bat, not "recruited" like the others were. Clearly not all is what it seems.

The idea was good, but could have been executed a bit more thoughtfully. The whole scenario seemed off from the beginning. But the action was good enough to keep me going, and the ideas the Red Cell comes up with are pretty terrifying. I enjoyed it enough to buy the second book (the first is currently free from Amazon). ( )
  Jarratt | Aug 22, 2016 |
Seems the old "Yellow Peril" is raising it's head once more.. this is the second book I have read recently that describes a Chinese attack on America. Somewhat different strategy with this one though - and quite believable - SCARY!!

I liked the writing (once I got over the odd grammatical error/typo) and loved the main characters - even the baddies :) I won't be waiting for the next book - yes it IS a series - aren't they all these days - but I will be getting it when it arrives (promised before year end).

Haven't read this guy before - always nice to find a new author I enjoy! ( )
  Mecaza | Feb 10, 2016 |
Well I read this in a couple of hours, and finished feeling like I had been to a business presentation and told I needed to find a way to save America from war. Would like to read more episodes and find out where this all ends up. *I've only read episode one* ( )
  AliciaOverstreet | May 28, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,630,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible