Constricted: A Flawed Short Story by Becca…

Constricted: A Flawed Short Story

by Becca J. Campbell

322,001,085 (3.5)None

I loved getting Logan’s story. I like when the author wraps up those little questions that nag at you when you finish a book.

Logan runs. It’s all he’s ever known. From foster home to foster home. And now from job to job.

Jade got to him. Left him feeling exposed and vulnerable in a way he’d never felt before. She knew his secret. He new hers. Could he let her in? Dare he?

This was a wonderful insight into Logan’s story. The guy is a jumble of pent up frustration and would prefer to live a hermit’s life, cut off from emotional entanglements.

While I felt for him when a particularly nasty woman from his past entered his life again and brought up all the reasons why he should run, I was hoping Logan would man up and stop running.

I felt he and Jade might be good together.

This companion to Empath reveals a side of Logan that’s very personal. Now that I’ve felt his pain, his conflict, I like him even more.

You really need to read Empath to be able to follow Logan’s story here. I hope you do.

Rebecca is a gifted writer. Her characters are genuine, flaws and all. The world they live in appears normal, but what’s really normal. Lots going on to keep you turning pages and wanting more. ( )
  laura-thomas | Jan 27, 2016 |
Logan is a loner for some good reasons. He feels claustrophobic when he is surrounded my people. His problem with excess hair is easily dealt with by frequent shaving and haircuts. But, Jade, knew the whole truth and he couldn't stop thinking about her.

His idea of camping now includes water and electricity - mine includes a pool and room service. LOL

Sometimes, Logan's personality bothers me. He can seem kinda wimpy. One minute I have empathy for him, the next I want to smack him upside the head and tell him to man up. :-)

Jade is the girl you would love to have for a best friend. But, Becca added an element, the rich bitch, that makes me want to read the rest of the series even more than I did before. I am very interested in the additional "love interest" that is sure to mess up Logan's life even more.

I received Constricted from Becca J Campbell in return for an honest review. ( )
  sherry69 | May 28, 2015 |

Becca J. Campbell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,596,578 books! | Top bar: Always visible