Batman: Arkham Knight Vol. 1 by Peter J.…

Batman: Arkham Knight Vol. 1

by Peter J. Tomasi

Other authors: Viktor Bogdanovic (Illustrator), Ig Guara (Illustrator), Robison Rocha (Illustrator)

Series: Batman, Batman: Arkham Knight [2015-] (1-6)

The Joker is dead! But as a new day begins in Gotham City, Dangerous new threats emerge and, Bruce Wayne still recovering from his injuries after his fight with The Joker must tend to them.

This graphic novel was absolutely wonderful to read; action, one-liners, The Joker (in a way), Harley Quinn, The Penguin, great art…etc.

Batman must fight terrible villains...well some vicious villains...well these two.

The Joker shows is face in a recorded testamente, demanding his body be returned to Harley Quinn...

Harley is looked up, but Bats, breaks her out to save Gordon's life when he is poisoned.

So she promise him that, she is a changed girl and tells him where the cure is and everything of course goes to hell. Harley Quinn changed? Never!

Instead she align herself with The Penguin...

Right, feeling as nauseous as me now? I do ship odd couples, but Harley smooching The Penguin, no thank you.

Then Fox has some problem...

In Germany...

The Twins are back!

So, that is some of the stuff that went on in this graphic novel. Loved it, looking forward to reading more.

Leave you all with one of my favorite scenes from Batman: Arkham Knight Vol. 1:

I received this copy from the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review! Thank you!

Review also posted on A Bookaholic Swede and It's a Mad Mad World ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
I received this from Edelweiss and DC Comics in exchange for an honest review.

Review will be posted after the book is published and the review embargo is lifted on Jun 16, 2015.

UPDATE
Pretty good rendition of Batman. I'm not familiar with any of the Arkham video games, so the part of the story that ties it to the games is lost on me.

Overall, the story was good, and it had the feel of the old 60s TV Batman, especially the way the villains and bad-guys join forces against Batman, and the way said villains' plans always seem to fail because they can't work together for very long. This isn't a bad thing, and definitely works for the storyline here.

The artwork is very good, and provides a definitive separation between Gotham in the daytime and Gotham at night. ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |
This TPB starts with the death of Joker, and Arkham City (from the previous Arkham Unhinged series of TPBs)… let’s go with “closing”) and a lot of the bad guys are back out on the streets of Gotham.

Someone new shows up as well (I assume that that’s a much more tied in part of the game). And Batman has to deal with Harley ‘tricks’ that the Joker has left behind.

On the negative side the part with Robin was weird. But, then again, the character of Robin in all of these Arkham City/Arkham Unhinged video game tie ins has been problematic in so many different ways (in the first one he was a blonde with a crew cut if I remember correctly), so, I guess that me being confused by Robin in this TPB is par for the course.

On the positive side I really, really liked the Lucius/Bruce relationship. Not to mention that Alfred was in rare form. And while we heard Oracle I do wish that’d we’d seen more of her.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment ( )
  DanieXJ | Jul 15, 2015 |
Excellent start to a new comic based on the video game series Arkham City. This is a prequel comic series set prior to the new video game "Arkham Knight". I don't play video games, but every time I read a comic set in Arkham City I certainly get the urge to but not knowing the game doesn't hinder the reading of the book at all. Tomasi has used brilliant storytelling to set the atmosphere and bring the reader into this unique alternate Batman universe. I really enjoyed this and the art and colours were quality and consistent throughout. I always love a book packed full of villains and this one was a delight with such super "baddies" as Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, the Penguin, the Scarecrow and many others. A fun book where the emphasis is on the Gothamite Crazies. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jun 7, 2015 |

Peter J. Tomasiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bogdanovic, ViktorIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guara, IgIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rocha, RobisonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"The story behind the smash-hit videogame. The Joker is dead. But in Gotham City, evil lives on."--page [4] of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,402,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible