Nunslinger 10: Gospel Sharp by Stark Holborn

Nunslinger 10: Gospel Sharp

by Stark Holborn

222,551,640 (3.5)None
Recently added byMaraBlaise, col2910

I'm reading Nunslinger: The Complete Series, but I thought it would be easier to rate every book as I finish them before I rate all of them as one.

Sister Thomas Josephine is horrified to learn that a false Thomas Josephine is killing innocent people. Who is the false nun and what is the motive?

Not many chapters left of this book and the question is, will Sister Josephine Thomas be caught or not? And who is the person behind all the killings that is attributed to sister Thomas Josephine.

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |

| Feb 9, 2016 | edit |
Synopsis/blurb…..

The year is 1864. Sister Thomas Josephine is on her way from St Louis, Missouri, to Sacramento, California. During the course of her journey, however, she'll find that her faith requires her to take off her wimple and pick up a gun.

Once more Sister Thomas Josephine finds herself snatched from the jaws of death by a rescuer whose identity remains a mystery. Emerging from her ordeal she finds herself a figure of infamy. The legend of the 'Six Gun Sister' has set the country aflame. But not all the stories are true: someone has stolen her name, and is using it to commit murder...

Sister Thomas Josephine intended nothing more than a quiet journey out west, a trip filled with prayer, meditation, and ministering to those in need. What she got, however, was anything but. In the tenth story chronicling her adventures, Sister Thomas Josephine will face down a whole host of new problems - and the yellow-bellied scum who want to see her dead.
----------
My take...

Nearing the end of her-our journey and still plenty of time for misdeeds and mishaps.

Josephine escapes the gallows – unsurprisingly and is again on the loose with Puttick and Abraham Muir. During the course of the tale we understand who has been killing in her name and why.
Former enemies become allies and our Nun gets to look her enemy in the face.

Probably the strangest premise for a book that I’ve read in a long time, ticks in most of the boxes.

Characters, setting, action, pace…. dare I suggest a touch of romance with feelings of jealousy, betrayal and bitterness never too far from the core.

2 instalments to go!

4 from 5

Mystery author Holborn - has a website here! http://starkholborn.com/

Net Galley – Library book

http://col2910.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05... ( )
  col2910 | May 29, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,799,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible