Nunslinger 11: Ninth-Hour at Noon by Stark…

Nunslinger 11: Ninth-Hour at Noon

by Stark Holborn

222,551,640 (3.5)None
Recently added byMaraBlaise, col2910

I'm reading Nunslinger: The Complete Series, but I thought it would be easier to rate every book as I finish them before I rate all of them as one.

The truth is revealed, now Sister Josephine Thomas must stop the evil plan and also find Abe Muir who is missing (again).

You know the feeling when there isn't much of the book left and you feel that perhaps not everything will be solved in this WHOLE book? Yeah, that's the feeling I had when I read this book. Just one more book left of the

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Apr 14, 2017 |

| Feb 9, 2016 | edit |
Synopsis/blurb…….

The year is 1864. Sister Thomas Josephine is on her way from St Louis, Missouri, to Sacramento, California. During the course of her journey, however, she'll find that her faith requires her to take off her wimple and pick up a gun.

Amongst the frenzy and the greed of the Colorado silver mines, Sister Thomas Josephine finds that the murders she has been framed with are part of something larger and far more horrifying; the brainchild of a person whose obsession is too familiar to be coincidence. And what is worse, they know her weakness.

Finally nearing the end of her epic journey west, Sister Thomas Josephine finds her faith and her strength tested in unimaginable ways. But, with the help of some old friends and a few new, no low-down varmint stands a chance against her!
----------
My take.

The newspapers have Sister Josephine pegged as dead, and Abraham Muir is set on drinking himself into an early grave, but when have you ever known the papers to print the truth?

Josephine’s ringer is lying in the dirt and she is one step closer to putting a stop to the bloodshed.
Enlisting Templeton, the newspaperman responsible for spreading the word, often times falsely about her antics, our nun has a plan to get close to the enigmatic powerhouse Windrose via his daughter.

All is not as it seems and turning full circle……..come back to old blue eyes and Lieutenant Carthy…..

Another jolly jape, another 50-odd pages closer to the end of the road.

Action, character, setting and pace – all present in abundance.

4 from 5

Net Galley - Library copy

http://col2910.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05... ( )
  col2910 | May 31, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,074,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible