Night of the Living Demon Slayer by Angie…

Night of the Living Demon Slayer

by Angie Fox

Accidental Demon Slayer Boxed Set Vol 1 by Angie Fox (judithau)
    judithau: This is the first 3 books in this amazing series

Funny, scary and exiting. Oh Yeah, and Zombies.

I must admit that I really like the Demon Slayer series, some more than others. This one I found to be very exciting and rather educational. I knew very little of the Voodoo practices and I did learn something. Mostly, not to go “there.” Otherwise, I learned that the Red Skulls biker witches are more fun than ever. And Ant-Eater is truly a wonderfully wicked woman - in a good way.
Facing down a Voodoo Bokor and his truly evil Maman brought some of the best adventures yet to Lizzie and the crew. The Voodoo action is scary and bloody and must be read carefully so you can keep track of all the parts (and to whom those parts are supposed to be attached.) I did miss Carpenter and I wanted more of his and his (surprise) family’s story and their side of the action. Lizzie, as usual, is smart, funny, sassy and lives by the rule “where fools rush in . . . “ But always for the greater good and to make right the threats to her very extended family.
Grandma is awesome, Dimitri is sexy and the witches are Badass. Who could ask for more? ( )
  avdonovan | Jun 11, 2015 |
What an awesomely fun book! Lizzie Brown and her Biker Witches are at it again. Who knew re-paying a favor for a friend in New Orleans would be so dangerous? Armed with switch stars and spell jars aplenty she takes on a Zombie alligator and puts a beat down on a Necromancer! As a speed reader, I literally read this book in a day... so what did I do? I re-read it! Start with a free copy at Amazon.com of the first book in the series.. and catch on up in time for the next new installment in the series! ( )
  kimik91 | Jun 6, 2015 |
**I Received a kindle copy of this book from the Author in return for an Honest Review**

What's a Demon Slayer to do when a well meaning Necromancer calls in his favor owed? Well of course the sassy Biker Demon Slayer Lizzie, her dog Pirate, Pirate's pet Dragon Flappy, and her Grandma's ragtag Biker Witch Coven head straight to New Orleans to help out the lovable Necromancer Carpenter. He is owed a favor, and Lizzie's an honorable Demon Slayer!

In this 7th installment of the Lizzie Brown saga as I've come to call it (the Demon Slayer series if your everyone else), Lizzie finds herself lounging at Grandma's since her Husband is on Griffin business, when Carpenter shows up toting a trapped black soul. He's there to call in his favor owed. He only wants Lizzie to help figure out how a Dark Bokor (evil voodoo priest) is trapping black souls, and her help to release a black soul from an alligator. Can't be to hard, right? As usual what was supposed to be an easy job turns into a full out war Biker Witch Style! Pirate, with the help of the Biker Witches drag Lizzie down into even more trouble while staying in a haunted house owned by Biker Witch Ant Eater's family. Though in true form Lizzie manages to come out the other side mostly unharmed.

I had so much fun reading this one even though its a little shorter than past slayer book, Lizzie was somewhere new, fighting an evil she's never faced. It also gives you a little more insight into Ant Eater's past, and into Carpenter's life. Though Carpenter is still mostly a mystery, one I really want to see on paper in the future! As always with this series lots of laughs were had, steamy love scenes were devoured, and at times I was on edge of my seat with suspense wondering how Lizzie was going to get everyone out of this......

If you've read the previous books this one is totally on par with the previous ones, if you have not I suggest you start out from the beginning with The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer #1) by Angie Fox and let the fun times roll! ( )
  lizard_698959 | Jun 4, 2015 |
^^^^^Lizzie and Dimitri are back with a side of Zombie
****

I truly enjoyed this novel. It remains true to the story and characters we have come to love with Angie's other Demon Slayer novels but it can easily be read as a standalone book.
At times it is laugh out loud funny and others it's so suspenseful I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book as well as all of Angie Fox's other works. They are a great read for vacations too. I happened to read mine while lounging in the pool.
Overview:
What kind of trouble can Lizzie, Pirate and the Biker Witches get into this time. Our adventure takes place in New Orleans. Lizzie is asked by her old friend Carpenter to come to New Orleans to help him with a problem that is too big for him to handle on his own. Well of course Lizzie has to go and help with her mad Demon Slayer skills but she knows that this is a big job so she asks the Red Skulls to join her on her quest. Nothing ever goes as planned for Lizzie especially with her friends help. When the group arrives in New Orleans they decide to stay in the haunted ancestral home of one of the biker witches. The spirit living there really takes a liking to Lizzie. Lizzie's husband Dimiti joins the group after they have had a setback. The reunion of the newlyweds is sizzling. Even with Dimitii and the Red Skulls help Lizzie still has problems defeating the evil voodoo priest, his family and followers. The evil mans mother has some very powerful dark magic and the army she creates could potentially kill every human in New Orleans. ( )
  judithau | Jun 3, 2015 |
This is book 7 in the Biker Witch Mystery/Accidental Demon Slayer Series featuring demon hunter Lizzie Brown, but it can definitely be read as a standalone book (although I recommend reading the whole series since all the books are great!). Lizzie travels to New Orleans to stop some crazy voodoo zombie action happening there to repay a favor. Of course her talking dog, Pirate, and her biker witch grandma and coven have to go along for the ride....they don't want to miss any of the fun! Throw in a baby dragon, a haunted house, and Lizzie's griffin husband, Dimitri and the action never stops. Mystery, suspense, romance and paranormal work together for another successful story from author Angie Fox. I loved reading this book and can't wait for more adventures that await Lizzie and the gang! ( )
  LCalderone | Jun 3, 2015 |
►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►
Note: I was given an advance copy of this from the author in exchange for a honest review.
►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►
Night of the Living Demon Hunter by Angie Fox
I started reading this series long before getting a free copy and loved the series from the start. Getting an ARC doesn't change that opinion. I love the biker witches and Pirate the talking dog (wish the dragon talked too... maybe we can get the witches working on a spell for that) ... we have a yummy griffin, and something a little different that Lizzie has to fight and overcome each book.
If you haven't read the other five books in this series, you can start with this one and not be too terribly lost. I missed the launch of the book because I got behind with my reading and like reading series in order, it's the little things in the background I like getting, because certain things are running through all the books.
The characters are likeable and you want to root for them, and cry when something happens. The story flows along nicely and keeps you interested. This next item is either good or bad... there's not an overabundance of sex scenes, where they are it fits into the story, they're not just dumped into the story to fill space or because some editor says, add more sex scenes. And for the most part we get to use some of our own imagination with them.
There are more books in the series so give this one a try with the thought that some of the background stories are missing, but Ms. Fox does a good job of mentioning things you really need to know from past stories.
added by icechips | editDebi Dommby, Debi Domby (Jul 5, 2015)

Lizzie Brown is all for letting the good times roll... until a dark voodoo church rises up in the bayou outside of New Orleans. Now ritual fires are burning long into the night and the dead are having a hard time staying that way. Lizzie goes in undercover to put a stop to the madness.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,354,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible