Run Girl by Eva Hudson

Run Girl by British writer Eva Hudson is the first of five novels in the Ingrid Skyberg FBI thriller series. It's really a novella at only 174 pages but I wanted to read it as an introduction to the complete set which I already own. When the story starts we meet the Secretary of State, Jayne Whitticker, who is on her way to broker a peace deal. Her spoiled granddaughter runs away from her parents and joins Jayne, promising to be good. You guessed it......she sneaks away as soon as she can.

Meanwhile, we meet Ingrid Skyberg, an FBI Special agent currently teaching a training class in London. She's asked to help the American Embassy find the missing teenager before the Secretary knows she's disappeared. Ingrid joins with Nicholas Angelis, a private security agent hired by the US embassy, and they race around London on a Ducati motorcycle trying to catch the girl.

It wasn't the most sophisticated story I've read but was a nice introduction to Ingrid and how she ends up in London. It would be a great plane ride book.
  Olivermagnus | Aug 9, 2017 |
Firstly you need to know that this is a novella, seeking to lay the background to FBI Agent Ingrid Skyberg becoming stationed in London. She arrives as part of an FBI Training Group leading a course at New Scotland Yard and ends up seeking the errant grand-daughter of the US Secretary of State.
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this short story. The prose used is more than acceptable, adding to the development of the story. It moves along at a good pace, shows the qualities of Ingrid and her deductive skills very well, developing this through the inventive skills of the grand-daughter in laying a red herring strewn path to avoid her discovery. The fact that Skyberg manages to deduce what the girl is actually up to makes for an interesting start to the series, so my lower score only reflects that it is a novella. I will be making an effort to follow her development in the next in the series. ( )
  Alan1946 | Jan 8, 2017 |
Never underestimate an 18 year old girl
Jayne Whitticker, Secretary of State, is about to board a special plane bound across the Atlantic on a highly sensitive mission. As the minutes tick by an imminent storm is brewing when suddenly she and her driver are stopped from boarding by an unexpected security breach. At the last possible moment, she finds herself with her teenage granddaughter and no time to change her flight plans but to take Rachel with her, possibly risking Jayne's entire career. As in most overwhelming teenage emergencies, there are options to what she is wanting, but time has run out, more than one storm is brewing, weatherwise and personal, and as Secretary of State, Jayne has no option. Talk about emotional blackmail! She must carry on with her mission negotiating a peace deal between three warring African nations and will have to take the girl with her to Strasbourg and hire a private security guard to chaperone Rachel and keep her out of trouble.This incident could go down badly for Jayne's future if Rachel creates any waves.

Switch now to London where a training session is going on by the FBI's Violent Crimes Against Children program in the New Scotland Yard. Enter Ingrid Skyberg who has become a last minute fill-in. She has just arrived in London for this session. With high profile replacements and heads of departments scattered around Europe any number of things could go wrong, and they do. Partnerships are split up between strangers when there is a missing person search call-out. This is a high-level search that skips across countries. Ingrid and her wild-card partner must overcome differences and work together as FBI Agent and private International Security agent from the UK. The chase is on and it is not an easy one. This missing person always seems to be a few steps ahead. This was a unique book, I found it kept my interest and was both amusing and incredulous. A suspenseful chase full of red herrings. I enjoyed it as an introduction the series ( )
  readerbynight | Jun 17, 2016 |
Novella, rather well done, and so far the best one in the series. Ingrid is not really acting alone and that does a lot for me to make this more realistic.
Her finance requires a mere mention, setting the stage to the next (first) book, this being the prequel to the series.
As one of my computers (the main client) broke down, it took me longer than normal to read it. It is a good novella, and not too short.
Recommended, and I will read the next book in the series (#3) soon. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |

Eva Hudson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,254,636 books! | Top bar: Always visible