Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den by Aimee…

Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den

by Aimee Carter

A 4.5 star book ( )
  mal2012 | Mar 9, 2017 |
An exciting new series about a shape-shifting boy and the secrets that surround him. ( )
  MargaretPemberton | Feb 19, 2017 |
This novel is paranormal.

Simon Thorn is bullied--partly because he seems strange, for he talks to animals and they talk to him. He lives with his uncle, but Simon won’t tell him that he speaks to animals. Simon’s mother visits occasionally, but it’s mostly just Simon and Darryl. Simon especially likes his pet mouse. He does have one sort-of friend, but mostly Simon is lonely and bullied.

One day his mother comes to visit and chaos breaks loose. An eagle has been trying to get Simon to follow him. When Darryl and his mother figure out what’s going on, they urge him to pack up and they will leave NOW. Before they can leave, rats arrive. Thousands of rats. They kidnap Simon’s mother. Now, Simon must rescue his mother. He now knows that he is an Animalgam--people who can talk to and transform into animals. There is a battle going on between animal kingdoms and Simon has been hidden away with Darryl and his mother protecting him. The problem is that Simon doesn't know who to trust in the animal kingdom because of a war he doesn’t understand. He’ll need help and quick lessons, but he must rescue his mother before she is murdered.

I do not like animal books, especially animals who talk unless it’s entertaining. This novel is pretty good. If you like Ranger’s Apprentice, Percy Jackson, or the Erin Hunter books, give this a go. ( )
  acargile | Aug 8, 2016 |
Wow an amazing book the layout of the story and how it unraveled as I read this story it takes you in turns you around & around and then takes you for the wild ride of your life & one you won't forget a wonderful story in wish I enjoyed reading tremendously and do so hope to read more books from the author. Truly a fabulous gift from the amazing author my thanks to the author Aimee Carter for the privilege & the wonderful pleasure of reading her wonderful book yes I do give this book 5 stars I would give it more if I could so I will be so delighted to recommend this wonderful book to my friends so yes happy, happy reading to all from wee me. ♥ ( )
  weelinda | Mar 23, 2016 |

Simon Thorn, twelve, is able to talk with animals, but when his mother is kidnapped by a herd of New York City rats he learns he, his mother, and his uncle are all Animalgams--able to change into an animal at will--and that Simon may be able to save the beleaguered Five Animal Kingdoms.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,555,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible