Summer in Snow Valley : a Summer Romance…
751,138,814 (4.6)None

I finally finished this set of 6 sweet and clean romances set in Snow Valley. I absolutely loved them and rated the set at 4.75*. It took me longer because I read other books in between these stories. These make a good summer or anytime read especially if you don't have big amounts of time. I enjoyed how so many stories formed around Snow Valley. Christmas in Snow Valley is the next set Then you can follow up with Spring in Snow Valley. These all left me with a good feeling at the end. Great job ladies. ( )
  NancyLuebke | Jul 28, 2016 |
It is my pleasure to review Summer in Snow Valley and offer my review. I was provided a copy of this anthology in exchange for an honest review.

Together as an anthology, this is a selection of six of the sweetest novellas I've had the pleasure to read in a very long time and had I realized what a treat it would be, I would have made sure these six authors were on the top of my TBR stack with every book they've written.

What a breath of fresh air to find that there is still romance and sweetness to be found. Snow Valley sounds like the wonderful small town I first remember from growing up, where the neighbors all knew each other, and always seemed to be meddling in the lives of their children and the myriad of other characters that exist in these wonderful towns.

Snow Valley offers a place where brokenness can be mended, where differences are ignored, and love abounds. The authors of the Snow Valley novellas have reached into the heart of every person and found their need for love and acceptance and allowed them to find that love and acceptance within themselves and the community at large. They offer a great look in to love that builds from adversity and the challenges of learning to love ourselves as well as each other.

It was an absolute pleasure to read Summer in Snow Valley. I highly recommend it and I give Summer in Snow Valley five steaming hot cups of Room With Books coffee!

© June 6, 2015
Patricia, Room With Books ( )
  roomwithbooks | Aug 31, 2015 |
I loved the way that Jace and Caytie started off their relationship with a couple of frustrating run-ins with each other before finding out they were staying in the same home. That made for some great interpersonal tension.

I don’t blame Caytie from running away from her father and her boyfriend at all. I would have done the same thing. It’s obvious that marriage doesn’t mean much to her father or her boyfriend.

I liked the compassion that Caytie had for Kellen and how she tried to help him see that he was just as valuable now as he was before his accident. I thought her personality appeared realistic. I found Jace to be quite amusing and wanted to laugh with him at some of the things that made him laugh about Caytie. I did think he should have spoken up to Victoria though instead of letting her keep hoping that maybe there still might be some hope for a relationship.

One flaw I found in the book was when Caytie disappeared saying she went back to California was that her car was actually still at the ranch. Why didn’t anyone notice that? It should have been a big clue that something was wrong.

There were quite a number of interesting twists and turns in this story that kept it fresh and interesting with a touch of suspense and danger. I was surprised by the actions of one of the characters that brought the danger to Caytie. I would never have pegged this person to do something like that given how thoughtful and kind this person was throughout the rest of the book.

I enjoyed this clean contemporary romance quite a bit and would recommend it to anyone who likes romance stories. This novel complements the other Snow Valley novels in that some of the characters from the other stories appear from time to time. I gave Catching Caytie 4 atars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

To see my complete review, visit Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/summer-in-snow-valley-blog-... ( )
  KathrynSvendsen | Jun 11, 2015 |
Catching Caytie by Cindy Roland Anderson

I loved the ending chapters. Catching Caytie has humor, likeable characters, fun romance and a clean read. I wanted to get to know the characters more.

Caytie Holbrook at 24 has runaway from home. I don't blame her. She has left the high life in Ca and come to her forgotten Uncle at his ranch in Montana. She hopes he will let her stay for two months. Caytie finds love welcoming her.

Tin Foil Tiaras by Jeanette Lewis

Was cute but dealed with a few serious problems amid a small town beauty pageant.
Cameron Elliott has flown in too coach one of the contestants for Snow Valley pageant. Cameron gets a rocky start.

Kyle does not want his sister to win the pageant. He watches and makes light of the job Cameron does. Kyle is a good brother.

A Touch of Love by Cami Checketts

Annie Stirland has moved to Snow Valley Montana to open her own business. Annie does not like to speak to people. She has been put down a lot in her life.

Luke Wilson comes into Annie's business to buy his sister a good birthday gift and is intrigued by Annie. Luke is ranching and working for Boeing too. Shares the ranchers point of view with the wolves and ranching.

First Love; Love First by Taylor Hart

Janet Snow has recovered from cancer and now owns her own flower shop. Her first wedding is her brother's. Her first boyfriend has come back to Snow Valley.

Michael Hamilton has come to spend one day with his father. He has not seen Janet for 10 years. They connect right off again. They live totally different lives now.. He has to learn to forgive his father and open his heart again.

I love the ending. It was really good.

Romancing Rebecca by Kimberley Montpetit

Rebecca wants to write romances but she has never been kissed. She comes every summer to work for her Aunts bed and breakfast in Snow Valley.
Like the ending.

Love in Light and Shadow by Lucy McConnell

Mercedes O’Shay comes from Boston to Snow Valley. They plan to fix up there old house. She has given up on good looking guys. She also wants to paint more and save up for a show.

There is a rancher next door that they meet as soon as they pull into there driveway.

The only problem with these stories is that they are too short. But that is also on the plus side if you don't have a lot of time these can be read one at a time.
We see some miner characters from the first set of Snow Valley books, back. But they totally can stand alone from them.
They are all clean reads.

I was given these books to read and in return agreed to give honest review and be part of Summer in Snow Valley book tours. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jun 7, 2015 |
Summer in Snow Valley is an enjoyable Inspirational romance anthology collection that will tug at the heartstrings. Set in the small town of Snow Valley, Montana, the reader is easily swept away by these six lighthearted novellas that features hunky guys, sweet girls, and clean romance.

I really enjoyed reading Christmas in Snow Valley, the first anthology collection, so I was pleased to see that Summer in Snow Valley brings the readers up-to-date on the characters featured in the first collection, plus adding new characters and new romantic stories to enjoy. What I enjoyed most about this anthology collection is that these delightful stories flowed easily from one to another, the continuity kept me engaged and turning the pages.

Summer in Snow Valley is the perfect romantic anthology collection that the reader can enjoy reading on a lazy summer day.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the boxed set from the authors / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour hosted by I Am A Reader Book Blasts and Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2015/06/summer-in-snow-valley-romance-... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Jun 6, 2015 |

Cindy Roland Andersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Checketts, Camimain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hart, Taylormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lewis, Jeanettemain authorall editionsconfirmed
McConnell, Lucymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Montpetit, Kimberleymain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,561,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible