Flintlock (Cutlass Series) by Ashley Nixon

Flintlock (Cutlass Series)

by Ashley Nixon

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byErmina, Hopetoread

Although Flintlock is Book Two in The Cutlass Series Author Ashley Nixon has done a superb job building this story to stand on its own. I have not read Cutlass which is Book One but am now intrigued to go back and read the beginning of Barren’s adventures. I’m certain I could do so and be pleased and not experience overpowering duplication.

Flintlock has dashing pirates, enlightened Elves hateful scoundrels, sword fights, near death experiences, magic and unfortunate love. The story has a nice cutthroat tempo. There is an engaging balance between edge of your seat action and plot building to allow you to catch your breath. The originality of Elf Pirates deserves two thumbs up for Author Ashley Nixon.

I enjoyed this story and it’s uniqueness. I looked forward to quickly removing Cutlass Book One from my TBR pile and will try to patiently :-) wait for Book Three.

**** 4 of 5 stars ****

FTC guidelines require me to disclose that I received a copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an unbiased review. All review comments are honest and my own. ( )
  Hopetoread | May 31, 2015 |

Barren Reed hopes to protect the Orient from his tyrant uncle, but his plans to make the King’s life a living hell aren’t supported by the Elders of the pirate community. As it stands, Barren has earned the Elders’ disdain for his carelessness, and they threaten him into exile if he makes one more mistake. Barren’s not the only one feeling the Elders’ wrath—they don’t trust Larkin either. Worse, Barren can’t comprehend Larkin’s wish to have a relationship with her father, and the secrets she’s forced to keep create a tension that may pull them apart forever. When the Pirates of Silver Crest begin to die, bullets laced with dark magic are to blame. With more and more of these weapons infiltrating the Underground, discovering who’s behind the dissemination is no easy feat. As fear and tension mount among the people of the Orient, Barren and his crew find themselves in a race against time to stop the spread of dark magic before the world of Mariana spirals into collapse.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 13 Jul 2015 03:10:46 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,818,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible