Vengeance (Wounded Heroes Book 5) by Anne…

Vengeance (Wounded Heroes Book 5)

by Anne Patrick

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bylove2readnovels

Nick and Hope Cunningham are both in the army and home on leave. When Nick gets word that his sister, Beth, is missing they immediately travel to Nick’s house to be with his mom and try to figure out what happened to Beth. Beth has always wanted to be a reporter but currently she’s a fact checker; someone who checks the facts and sources. While she’s working on checking facts about a girl’s disappearance, she disappears herself. The situation becomes very stressful and Nick is showing classic signs of PTSD which causes Hope to worry because he won’t acknowledge he needs help. Hope is dealing with her own painful childhood memory that she has yet to share with Nick. As the situation becomes more dangerous, Nick becomes a little more volatile. They must find Beth and Hope must convince Nick he needs help or she’s afraid he’ll find himself court marshaled.

Okay, I have loved all the stories in the Wounded Heroes series but I must say that this is definitely a favorite. Anne Patrick consistently and skillfully weaves mystery, faith, intrigue and romance into page-turning story. You really don’t know who the bad guys are until very near the end, which is always a treat! I loved the dynamic relationship between Hope and Nick. They have a strong love but it’s put to the test. I appreciated Hope’s unwavering faith and the way it influenced her husband. It also helped her through a difficult time in her childhood. I highlighted so many encouraging quotes. You get a glimpse of how difficult a military marriage must be, especially if both people are enlisted. The whole mystery surrounding Beth’s disappearance was very intriguing and kept me guessing, which I love. I truly couldn’t turn pages fast enough. The message that God is always right beside us in good times and bad is woven throughout. I also appreciated seeing Kory and Sean (from Kill Shot) again and catching up with what’s happening in their life. You can learn about Hope and Nick’s history and how they get together by reading “Christmas with Hope”. If you enjoy a page-turning romantic suspense, then I HIGHLY recommend Vengeance.

*This complimentary copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

A few favorite quotes:

Hope to Nick:
“I wanted you to know that no matter what dark valley you’re going through, God is right beside you. If you look closely enough, you can see His fingerprint in many aspects of your life.”

Conversation between Hope and Nick:
Nick helped her from the saddle then wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. “What was that for?” “Cause I felt like it.” “Well do it again.” This time she kissed him back. Nick pulled her close, savoring the outdoorsy scent mixed with her perfume and the taste of her perfect mouth. He left a trail of kisses as he moved to her ear lobe. “I could do this all day.” “Me too…”

Hope to Nick:
“Instead of worrying about me, you need to be concerned about what’s happening with you. We’re gonna have to leave for Germany in a week. If I were you, I would put in for an emergency extension, because if we haven’t found Beth and you go back on duty the ticking time bomb you are right now, you’re liable to end up court marshaled for punching someone out.”

For more information about this book or other books by Anne Patrick, I recommend you visit her website at http://www.annepatrickbooks.com/ ( )
  love2readnovels | Jun 24, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,369,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible