The Taken by Inbali Iserles

The Taken

by Inbali Iserles

Series: Foxcraft (1)

I would not call this book thrilling. For me it was boring. This is another book that I picked up for my nephews. I really struggled to get into this book. I got to about chapter four and put the book down. I did not come back to it for a while. In fact, I had to force myself to pick the book up again to try to read some more. I could only get a few more chapters in and I gave up. Luckily for me what I did read I know my nephews will enjoy this book. This is a good thing as it is geared towards their age group. Although there was a scene that I do think the older readers can handle. It was not a murder scene but it still talked about fur and blood. So the younger readers may not be able to handle this. ( )
  Cherylk | Aug 10, 2015 |

The first book in a thrilling fantasy trilogy starring one of the animal kingdom's most hunted heroes. Foxcraft is full of excitement and heart, and a touch of magic.

Isla and her brother are two young foxes living just outside the lands of the furless -- humans. The life of a fox is filled with dangers, but Isla has begun to learn mysterious skills meant to help her survive.

Then the unthinkable happens. Returning to her den, Isla finds it set ablaze and surrounded by strange foxes, and her family is nowhere in sight. Forced to flee, she escapes into the cold, gray world of the furless.

Now Isla must navigate this bewildering and deadly terrain, all while being hunted by a ruthless enemy. In order to survive, she will need to master the ancient arts of her kind -- magical gifts of cunning known only to foxes. She must unravel the secrets of foxcraft.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 03 Jul 2015 19:11:54 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible