The Adventures of Miss Petitfour by Anne…

The Adventures of Miss Petitfour

by Anne Michaels, Emma Block (Illustrator)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Cute illustrations, cute stories, but a little directionless overall. I didn't care much about Miss Petitfour and her impossible to keep track of cats. Also unsure of the audience for these -- as an adult I was a little bored but I think it would be too much for most children. The whole thing felt like it might have been trying just a bit too hard. ( )
  curioussquared | Jul 29, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really loved the illustrations in this book -- so colorful and charming. The stories about Miss Petitfour and her adventures with her many cats are also charming and fun, but as several others have mentioned, I'm not exactly sure just who the audience for this book would be. I think younger readers might have trouble sticking with it. But it could work as a read-aloud with an adult to keep things moving along. Definitely a fun read, and I'm very grateful to the publisher and Library Thing's Early Reviewer program for providing my copy. ( )
  jlshall | Jul 26, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Miss Petitfour and her sixteen lovable and mischievous cats love adventure. They bake and read and frolic but there is nothing they love better than riding the wind with their multitude of colorful tablecloths. Every time they fly away from home, they embark on another adventure.
I found this child’s book to be adorable and extremely entertaining. I cannot imagine having sixteen house cats, however, my daughter thought they were awfully cute.
This book features five different stories, or adventures, that revolve around Miss Petitfour and her cats. Each story has its own adventurous plot line but features many of the same characters.
I found this book to be whimsical and entertaining. I would give this book five out of five stars and would recommend it to young readers who enjoy Mary Poppins and similar stories.
I received my copy of this book from LibraryThing.com for the sole purpose of providing an honest review.
  Stephergiggles | Jul 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This short (144 page) book is cute and charming. I sat down and was able to finish it in one sitting. I loved the delicate colored pencil drawings. The book is divided into five short stories. The author liked to use some big, unique words and quickly tell us the meaning. As an adult, it was quirky and fun. I am not sure sure younger kids would have to patience to finish the book to the end. However, I really enjoyed every bit of this fun, adventurous tale of Miss Petitfour and all her cats. ( )
  melaniehope | May 8, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Miss Petitfour is a woman that loves adventure but also knows that adventures can be found in normal daily activities. She lives with her 16 cats and her favorite mode of transportation is by wind and a tablecloth. This small books included 5 stories and an introduction to her and her cats. It was all very cute.

In each of the stories a fun adventure ensues and the cats are always included. Miss Petitfour seems like a lot of fun and is, like the synopsis says, a little like Mary Poppins. The book is whimsical in wonderful ways and it also takes the time to highlight words and phases for younger readers to help them learn about the words but also about home some books will use them. It was a quick read and I think parts and their younger readers will really enjoy Miss Petitfour, and if you are a cat lover you have that added bonus. ( )
  sszkutak | Apr 4, 2018 |

Anne Michaelsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Block, EmmaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

"Miss Petitfour enjoys having adventures that are "just the right size - fitting into a single, magical day." She is an expert at baking and eating fancy iced cakes, and her favorite mode of travel is "par avion." On windy days, she takes her sixteen cats out for an airing: Minky, Misty, Taffy, Purrsia, Pirate, Mustard, Moutarde, Hemdela, Earring, Grigorovitch, Clasby, Captain Captain, Captain Catkin, Captain Clothespin, Your Shyness and Sizzles. With the aid of her favorite tea party tablecloth as a makeshift balloon, Miss Petitfour and her charges fly over her village, having many little adventures along the way. Join Miss Petitfour and her equally eccentric felines on five magical outings -- a search for marmalade, to a spring jumble sale, on a quest for "birthday cheddar," the retrieval of a lost rare stamp and as they compete in the village's annual Festooning Festival."--Provided by publisher.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Anne Michaels's book The Adventures of Miss Petitfour is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Anne Michaels's book The Adventures of Miss Petitfour was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,157,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible