The Adventures of Miss Petitfour by Anne…

The Adventures of Miss Petitfour

by Anne Michaels, Emma Block (Illustrator)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a HUGE hit with the 9 year old. This is the first review book I've gotten that went home with her instead of being visited at my place. She's read it multiple times, and had her dad read it to her.

It's a mild magical feel, similar to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, a favorite of ours. The cats and their antics are extra cute and a good way to sneak in a few more illustrations.

There is a dude character that is clearly interested in our protagonist, but it does not go down romance road. (If it had ended it with a wedding, it would have topped out at 2 stars and been hidden from the kid.)

Late to review because child ran off with the book before I got to it! ( )
  ansate | May 22, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Adventures of Miss Petitfour is a wonderful collection of stories about a young woman named Miss. Petitfour and her 16 cats.

I liked that the 16 cats have a picture and a brief description of their personalities and how they are connected to each other before the short stories begin. The pictures throughout are wonderfully done in soft pastel colors.

The 5 shorts stories give readers a place to stop and connect to their own adventures or come up with an adventure of their own they want to go on. Then they can engage once again with another adventure with Miss Petitfour and her 16 cats.

I would say this book is for young girls grades 2 and up. ( )
  cdnbookworm | Mar 20, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
**I would like to start off by saying that I received The Adventures of Miss Petitfour by Anne Michaels for free via LibraryThing giveaway in exchange for a review. Although I am super grateful and excited for any opportunity at receiving a book for free, I am also very strict with being honest. That being said, giveaways do not impact my reviews.**

Well.... this is one of those "whoopsie" moments. I entered in giveaway based on the first few words I saw such as "Mary Poppins" and "16 cats" and was sold! NOT realizing this was a children's book XD

Either way, I still read it. This was an adorable book! I wish my niece were more than 4 months old, cause I'd totally give it to her! This is a perfect book for a little girl (but not THAT little, let's face it, she doesn't even know I'm her aunt yet..).

There's super cute illustrations and it has a super cute built in pink ribbon bookmark
And the last thing that I thought was just so neat was how you learn as you read, but this was incorporated in a way that's fun and being apart of the stories, you don't feel like your learning (nor would you have to stop to look up the word/definition). Very thoughtful!

So being this IS a children's book - I would definitely recommend it to little girls. Can't really say an age group because I haven't been around many kids but I would assume 5-8 years old? I don't know.. you tell me :P

** To See My FULL Review Visit: The Nerdy Bookmark: A Not-So-Serious Book Review Blog ** ( )
  kay_reads | Mar 13, 2016 |
I gave it the feminist killjoy once through and the women have opinions and it doesn't end in marriage, so I handed it over to Ms9.

SHE LOVES IT. She has read it through, had her dad read it ("I didn't know these chapters would be so long!") Captain Captain is our favorite cat name. ( )
  ansate | Mar 5, 2016 |
Charming, especially with typeface and illustrations, but limited appeal for children or indeed anyone who is not highly tolerant of twee. ( )
  LibrarianMaven | Feb 16, 2016 |

Anne Michaelsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Block, EmmaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

"Miss Petitfour enjoys having adventures that are "just the right size - fitting into a single, magical day." She is an expert at baking and eating fancy iced cakes, and her favorite mode of travel is "par avion." On windy days, she takes her sixteen cats out for an airing: Minky, Misty, Taffy, Purrsia, Pirate, Mustard, Moutarde, Hemdela, Earring, Grigorovitch, Clasby, Captain Captain, Captain Catkin, Captain Clothespin, Your Shyness and Sizzles. With the aid of her favorite tea party tablecloth as a makeshift balloon, Miss Petitfour and her charges fly over her village, having many little adventures along the way. Join Miss Petitfour and her equally eccentric felines on five magical outings -- a search for marmalade, to a spring jumble sale, on a quest for "birthday cheddar," the retrieval of a lost rare stamp and as they compete in the village's annual Festooning Festival."--Provided by publisher.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Anne Michaels's book The Adventures of Miss Petitfour was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible