One More Shot (Hometown Players) by Victoria…

One More Shot (Hometown Players) (2015)

by Victoria Denault

love hockey. I love romance. I love second chances. I point this out because this book has all three! Its the beginning of a brand new series and by just reading this book, I can tell this is going to be one heck of a series. I loved Jessie and Jordan's journey back to their relationship that never should've ended in the first place. Looking forward to more hot hockey guys and their lady loves. ( )
  amdrane2 | Jun 9, 2015 |
NHL star, Jordan Garrison, has been in love with Jessie Caplan since he was eighteen. After a misunderstanding they fall apart, now six years later, he has a chance at making things right.

I loved this book! One More Shot is a heartwarming story that had me captivated from the first page.

I really liked Jordan’s character. After his heart broke, he never became serious with anyone because they didn’t measure up to Jessie. He sleeps around and stays unattached, developing quite the reputation. He is driven and fights for what he wants. He works hard to achieve his goals.

Jessie is motivated and hard working. She has earned what she has. A few times I felt she was too hard-on Jordan, but that could be because I also knew his side of the story. If I didn’t, I would have probably been as stubborn as her.

I like that both Jordan and Jessie are brought together during a difficult point in their lives: Jordan temporarily out on a sports injury and Jessie home for her grandmother’s funeral. Interesting that Jessie is a sports therapist.

I enjoyed the relationship between the Garrison brothers and Caplan sisters. Having grown up together they formed a special bond that is enduring.

Donna Garrison, Jordan’s mom, is great. I appreciated her relationship to the Caplan girls. I think it is wonderful that she included them in the Garrison’s lives after the death of their mother and her former high school friend.

Victoria Denault wrote a believable and emotional novel. One More Shot is well-written and has a great pace. The story has some unexpected twist and a lot of detailed history. I look forward to the next book in the Hometown Players Series, Making a Play.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Jun 1, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,251,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible