Weld Like a Pro: Beginning to Advanced…

Weld Like a Pro: Beginning to Advanced Techniques

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Full disclosure - I really, really suck at welding. I've only done a bit of light stuff using a buzz box, so it was with a high degree of excitement when this book came up as a LibraryThing Early Readers offering - so glad I won! I've always wanted to take a welding class or two and this book seems to be to be a fair substitution - sure it's not quite the same as taking a class, but believe me when I tell you that after reading this book my beads look hundreds of times better than before. This is an invaluable reference that takes you well beyond the common YouTube video. It's also very focused on tasks you might run into when restoring a car, particularly when it comes to replacing body panels and sections. Awesome, awesome book! ( )
  johnnyapollo | Mar 30, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was happy to win this book for my son, who just became a Millwright. He really likes this book and uses it for a reference tool. The photographs and explanations are comprehensive and applicable to the real world. ( )
  jenngv | Mar 22, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Years ago I almost took welding classes at a local community college. It looked like fun and a possible second career, but things didn't work out. However, my son-in-law is a welding artist, who also teaches high schoolers building and welding basics. It seemed the timing for checking out what he does is matched to my receipt of this book. It is nicely laid out, although I found the introduction a bit heavy on terminology which would be defined later in the book. There are clear diagrams of procedures, a series of projects, and I recommend this book to anyone interested in actually welding, or who is an active weldor. It is an excellent reference tool. ( )
  Prop2gether | Nov 5, 2015 |
A great reference book!

An onlooker is not going to read this and start welding the Golden Gate Bridge but they are going to have a basic but thorough understanding of the art and what it entails.

Illustrations are good and I appreciated the "easy enough to understand" writing.

Makes me want to jump in the machine shop and build something!
  readysetgo | Sep 22, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very comprehensive welding book. The new name is more fitting than the previous name, as this book is good for much more besides automotive welding, although there are some automotive-specific examples/instruction. I enjoy the color photos/images and the use of handy reference charts, and the text explains the images well. ( )
  HiddenParagon | Sep 13, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

's book Weld Like a Pro: Beginning to Advanced Techniques was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,713,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible