Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Science of Swimming Faster
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0736095713, Paperback)
In a sport where victory is often determined by a fraction of a second, it’s obvious why one of the most sought-after secrets is how to swim faster. However, as the world’s most renowned coaches, athletes, trainers, and researchers know, there is no secret—just science.
Science of Swimming Faster is a remarkable achievement—one that embraces, explains, and applies the latest science and research that has and continues to set new performance benchmarks in the sport. It is a one-of-a-kind resource:
• An easily understood repository of swimming research
• Insights distilled from great sport and exercise scientists, coaches, and swimmers
• A do-it-right reference for a host of techniques and tactics
• The most credible and widely used training principles and programs
• An analysis identifying key factors contributing to elite and world-record swimming performance
• An insider’s access to the strategies for training, tapering, fueling, recovery, and mental preparation being used with some of the world’s most successful swimmers.
With editors Scott Riewald and Scott Rodeo and a who’s-who list of international experts on the sport, Science of Swimming Faster offers you an unprecedented wealth of advanced yet accessible information on excelling in the sport.
(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:00:27 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum
Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.