The Unquiet Past by Kelley Armstrong

The Unquiet Past (2015)

by Kelley Armstrong

I picked this book up on a whim at the local library after reading the back and being intrigued. It was a pretty good read but wasn't really what I expected from the back. ( )
  lacey.tucker | Mar 10, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
One of my favorite authors! Pretty interesting book. I found it quite funny that one of the curse words used "cheese and rice" is one my sister in law uses quite frequently. ( )
  Foodang | Nov 12, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Well, I always love Kelley Armstrong books. This one did not quite feel like her usual style, but that does not mean I didn't enjoy it. In fact, I read it all in one sitting. It had some scary moments, but it felt like the plot/character development happened a bit too quickly and/or not enough for me. Particularly, the ending felt a bit rushed. Overall, a three star rating as it certainly hooks your interest and it was a different plot idea. ( )
  DearLindsey | Oct 1, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Armstrong has this wonderful way of really getting the reader pulled into her characters and this short book is no exception to this rule. The Unquiet Past focuses on a young orphan girl looking for answers about her past and in turn gets a mystery and adventure.

This book was not entirely what I expected of it - seeing the cover and reading the synopsis, I was thinking more horror than mystery. That being said, I love a good mystery and this holds up pretty well in the genre.

Tess was a little naive at times and that made me want to whack her in the head but otherwise she was a great point of view for this story. We follow her through her story as she tries to piece together what happened to her parents, and really it is about the adventure and the journey. Once you find out what happened it is brushed over and then the story ends - thus the 4 and not a 5 star rating.

Overall this was a semi-spooky, mysterious book, that I very much enjoyed. If you are a fan of mystery I think this will be for you. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Who doesn't adore Kelly Armstrong? I have yet to read a work of hers that has disappointed. I haven't loved all of them, but I have always loved her storytelling.

This is a departure from most of hers I've read and I loved it. Fast paced, creepy, chilling, exciting.....everything you want in a book you can't put down. ( )
  jcmontgomery | Sep 10, 2015 |
Creeptastic!
This story had some spooky moments. A lot of intriguing moments too, where you had to keep turning the page to find out what happens. Very fast-paced.

added by fredamans | editFreda's Voice, Freda Mans (Aug 24, 2015)

The distinction between past, present and future
is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.

-- Albert Einstein
For Julia
TESS SNEAKED OUT of the orphanage a couple of hours before dawn.
[one of the responses to the orphans' game of 'Who am I?']
I'm an alien, beamed down to earth until my eighteenth birthday, when my programming will trigger and I'll take over the world, mwa-ha-ha. (chapter 2)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kelley Armstrong's book The Unquiet Past was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible