Way to Go by Mandy Colton

Way to Go

by Mandy Colton

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The beginning was a little slow for me and I wasn't sure how I would end up liking this. However, once it picked up I loved it. I thought it was funny and I couldn't put it down until I got to the end. Mandy did a great job keeping the reader intrigued. I would definitely recommend this book for a summer or brag read. ( )
  JayeStar | Aug 30, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book free through LibraryThing in exchange for my review. I tried to like this book. It had so many great reviews, which mostly said how funny it was. With every page, I kept waiting for a laugh but all I could do was roll my eyes. Okay, the heroine is overly gorgeous. Okay, every man hits on her. But, watching her be bad at her job was boring, and seeing yet another man fawn all over her while she feigned outrage was annoying. What made me finally drop the book altogether was the absurd and fairly racist way Jamaicans were portrayed. There was no need to describe Jamaicans as psychotic primitives, intentionally drugging tourists, chasing tourists with machetes to make a sale, corrupt police who demand bribes, and the glorious, mysterious MacGyver (author-described) white man who could make bombs out of nothing to create mayhem and turn a tour of Jamaica into a Benny Hill skit. Honestly, I could only suspend my disbelief for so long, and the smart white man/stupid black man plot pushed me over the edge. ( )
  tzevaf | Oct 16, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Veronica Lane is losing her job as a travel agent but is soon finding a new one. This time she is also part of a travel agency, albeit a very special one: Some undercover agents are using it as a screen for better chasing down their bad guys.

It doesn't take long and a funny plot with some romance and a few mistaken identities unwinds...

Very easy reading stuff with no real dephths. But maybe that was it making me savouring and devouring it! ( )
  viennamax | Aug 24, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Way To Go is a good summer read, a well done chick lit addition to any library. Veronica Lane has had a terrible day. In fact it can probably be called the “Mother of All Days”. Veronica Lane, however, manages to make “lemonade out of lemons”, so to speak. She is an instantly liked character, more than ready to make things happen for herself in a most amusing way. She moves on to a life as a travel guide, and over the next few weeks meanders through several interesting places, meeting mystery men everywhere. The story is an easy read, one that makes a perfect beach read or a read for the time when you just want something light with which to unwind, while learning a bit about the tour guide travel business and one way to cope with what life throws at you. I enjoyed the book from start to finish, and I am sure most readers will also. This is the start of a series about Veronica that will make readers love her and her stories, while they laugh to the point of crying. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a great read and/or is looking for something to lighten his/her life. I received this from Library Thing to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Aug 23, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Mandy Colton's Way to Go is a refreshing summer read! “Talk about the mother of all bad days” just starts a cavalcade of mishaps and hilarious adventures. Colton can warm you up with hunky guys and fun, sexy scenes, without a detailed anatomy lesson! Thoroughly enjoyable, her book leads you on a merry chase until the tour guiding business reveals its true purpose. Can’t wait for a new installment of wild escapades with Veronica, her crazy family and a couple hot guys. ( )
  treehousereader | Aug 1, 2015 |

Veronica Lane, travel dilettante extraordinaire, has a dream job in the travel industry and well laid plans for her future until one hellish day of travel fantastically crescendos with the worst of news. Waking up the next morning to a big surprise, confirms that drowning her frustration and loss in the hotel bar the night before was a bad idea. Gathering up the remains of her dignity along with her travel bags, she returns home to Peachtree City, Georgia.

A few calls after returning home confirm that her situation has definitely changed. Answering an employment ad in the newspaper for a group escort with a small tour company in Atlanta has her flying to Jamaica the very next day with her first group. A few curious hiccups and fishy behavior of one unusual and charismatic tour member raises an inner alarm. It’s the next trip to Puerto Rico ending with an extreme situation that makes her realize that the little travel company in Atlanta may be much more than what it seems, and she may be in waters way over her head.

Veronica’s adventures and misadventures, lead her into hilarious situations, surrounded by crazy tour participants, family, friends, neighbors, and pets. After a long dry spell, she now has an overabundance of romance, drama, and intrigue in her life. Her new life is sometimes very bumpy, yet very exciting ride.

Veronica Lane, travel dilettante extraordinaire, has a dream job in the travel industry and well laid plans for her future until one hellish day of travel fantastically crescendos with the worst of news. Waking up the next morning to a big surprise, confirms the drowning frustration and loss in the hotel bar the night before was a bad idea.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:00:14 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mandy Colton's book Way to Go was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Mandy Colton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,394,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible