Above the Pines by Robert Bradford

Above the Pines

by Robert Bradford

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Unfortunately, the LibraryThing early reviewer copy provided provided by the publisher which was supposed to work on my Kindle was only a pdf version and the typeface was too small to read - and not adjustable without extending off the Kindle screen. So I'm not able to review it. If the publisher provides me with an appropriately formatted version, I'll review and update this post.
  spbooks | Sep 30, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. I read it in less than a day, it sucked me right in. I enjoyed the plot twist, even though I guessed it pretty early on, I was still excited to keep reading to see if I was right. ( )
  Olivia.Nicole | Aug 28, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a surprisingly good book. The characters held together well. The story was interesting and kept me reading. The dialogue and spelling need a bit of editing, though. The conclusion seemed a bit rushed.
The book was reviewed as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewer Program ( )
  GhostWriter57 | Jul 26, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was very close to giving this 5 stars. there were a few spelling errors but I could get by them. the story line and the characters were very well written. I was actually somewhat surprised at who actually did it, but once that was found not as surprised that she said it when she did. I can't decide if I like the poem ending up there or not. after she decided not to read it where she was going to, I was like hum that's good we will never know what the poem was. but then it did show up later. some of the characters had a way to good "happy ending", and it was a little cliche to have the family be from a "broken" part of the city. However I think it showed how victim blaming is way to often used. I would definitely recommend this book ( )
  ryanpoole | Jul 18, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was given a free copy for an honest review.

This was a frustrating read. It was full of typos. "Glared" is not the same as "stared." "Passed" and "past" are different as well. This really grated on me. Sam "glared" at everything, when sometimes it is obvious it is "stared."

The story was jumbled and it was very obvious who did it. The only shocking part was the ending, when Sam outed the perpetrator.

It was very sad to see Isis struggling with her hurt. I just wish the story would be more tight and coherent. ( )
  lesindy | Jul 17, 2015 |

Samantha was always the quiet one. Her friend Isis would take her to the woods out back, and they'd find worlds that existed only in their minds. All of that changes when Elliot moves into Isis's house. It isn't long afterward when Isis comes crying to Sam and tells her a horrifying secret, one that makes them question their friends, their family, their very way of life, and their will to go on.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:00:17 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Robert Bradford's book Above the Pines was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,660 books! | Top bar: Always visible