The Sword of Destiny (Spirit Sword Saga)…

The Sword of Destiny (Spirit Sword Saga) (Volume 1)

by Jonathan W. Thurston

821,035,133 (3)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The world the author created in The Sword of Destiny truly is spectacular! The environment and ideas behind this other world were truly unique. I also thoroughly enjoyed the three main characters. Aria, Drage and Matthew each had a very unique personality that kept the story going at a fast pace that had me laughing at all their banters at one moment and nervous for their very lives at the next. Truly a fun read!

I received this free copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  kira_anne | Aug 13, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was given this book complimentary from LibraryThing.com in e-book form in return for my honest review. Everything stated in this review is of my own opinion and I was not compensated monetarily for providing this review.
Not an easy book to review, at the start I thought it was a children's book but then it started to get bloodier and more complex. This was an initial copy so I suspect that it will benefit from some much needed editing before general release.
The author cannot seem to make his mind up about some of the characters for example Aria, one minute she is a weepy female from a Victorian novel and the next she is a bad ass warrior. Could not really get attached to any of the characters, they just did not seem real enough to me.
Plus one star for no romance and avoiding the temptation to introduce that killer of books, the love triangle
May read the next if I have a long flight - 2 stars ( )
  ruby.ridge | Jul 23, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 099089021X, Paperback)

Three teenagers, Drage, Matthew, and Aria, live in Paradise Shores, a quiet little suburb outside Boston.While Matthew and Aria are planning for the future, Drage yearns for an adventure, a way out of the mundane expectations of his single mother. One dark night, he gets more than he bargained for when wispy Shadows come to threaten their lives. The three are whisked away to an underwater world of magic and technology. As the teenagers race to return home before all war breaks out, they realize there may be more mysteries in the golden kingdom in the sea than they could have ever imagined.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:00:15 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jonathan W. Thurston's book The Sword of Destiny was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,561,494 books! | Top bar: Always visible