Rules of Seduction by Joya Ryan

Rules of Seduction

by Joya Ryan

Series: Serve (7)

144683,257 (4)None

This was a super quick steamy story, perfect material for bedtime reading. I didn't realize it was book 7 in a series - and this seems to be a common theme with me over the last month. I really need to pay better attention when I'm signing up to review stuff, but sometimes a cover or blurb just sucks me in and I've hit that "request" button before I even blinked. (sigh) From some of the other reviews, I see that there was not much character crossover, but it still bothers me. There was at least some, and I found myself wondering who people were or what their story was in relation to Serve.

Anywho, our abso-yummy main male character is Nolan Hart, who is the manager of an exclusive sex club called Serve. I really expected Nolan to be all alpha male and dominant, but he is more of a sweetheart when it comes to Ava, the female lead. Ava is somewhat broken by a controlling ex-husband and she is looking for some NSA anonymous sex because she is afraid of being controlled again. It was kinda weird she would go to a BDSM club for that, but whatev. I was expecting a BDSM romance going into this book, but it turned into a sweet sappy love story. I actually didn't mind it though as I liked both characters for the most part, and the sex scenes were pretty steamy. Ava got on my nerves a bit with her hemming and hawing over Nolan, but the story was short enough that it didn't have time to work into full-blown aggravation.

Pick this one up if you are waiting for the hubby to come to bed... or maybe read some scenes aloud and see if his attention stays on the football game. 4 stars / 5 flames.

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
In spite of being part of a BDSM themed series, Rules of Seduction is quite mild. Which is great because it focuses more on the relationship being built between the two characters, Nolan and Ava.

Ava is only just getting back on her feet after she lost her identity to a controlling marriage. She just wants to feel alive again, something other than the bland nothingness her soul has been subjected to in those long years. Pleasure and passion, but not included are romantic feelings. So when she signs up at Serve, she is open to everything there is to offer. Her only condition is that her partner remain anonymous, faceless, voiceless. She does not want to be anybody's slave any more. Just a body that can make her soar.

Nolan knows exactly who to assign to her. Himself, because he is exactly what she is looking for and she is exactly what he needs. No strings, no attachments. But things take a complicated turn when an easy friendship between the two gives rise to unwanted but surprisingly urgent feelings.

Free copy provided in exchange for an honest review ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. This is a story about two people who are afraid to trust. Through out the story you will experience Ava and Nolan's struggle to be able trust again. If you like steamy, sensual, and erotic then this book is for you. If not, you may want to pass since it is extremely steamy and detailed. ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 31, 2015 |
Ms. Ryan has quickly become one of my favorite authors. Her books are always well written and steamy. And, this one is no exception. The chemistry and banter between the characters is amazing. The storyline is fresh and captivating. The BDSM is not overly graphic, which I prefer, and makes you wonder about your own limits. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for something fun and a little different.

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  blsfan68 | Jun 3, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,629,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible