Friendshape by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Friendshape

by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Other authors: Tom Lichtenheld (Illustrator)

This book contains a lot of truisms about friends -- like how they are there for each other throughout "all of life's ups... and downs" -- but it does so in such a funny way that it is never saccharine. The friends here are four shapes -- an oval, a rectangle, a square, and a triangle -- which makes for a situation rife with puns. For instance, there is a comment about the rectangle going to be a "wrecked angle" as he/she is about to take a tumble. The shapes are also cleverly utilized in the illustrations, such as being used to make a rocket ship on the page saying "Friends will follow each other to the moon and back." All together, this is a great book for when you want something light and humorous. It's a fun choice for units on shapes or being a good friend. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | May 30, 2018 |
This book is about four shapes that are described with people like qualities. They are friends the book describes their friendship. It also touches on the fights that they have. But at the end of the day, they enjoy each other and have a good time. I believe this shows kids how to be friends with people that may not look like them or be like them. ( )
  Theresa_Kieffer | Apr 1, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book for many reasons. This is a great book for young children because it is about friendships. The language is very clear and easy to ready. The book is well paced and flows in a way that children will understand and enjoy. There are four characters in the book, a square, triangle, rectangle, and circle. The illustrations are very vived, and simple and fit the style of the text on each page. I really like this book for young kids because it teaches the values of friendship and explains that friends are always there for each other through the ups and downs. Very good book for explaining relationships.
  jcooke7 | Dec 8, 2015 |
Another great one by Amy. I loved her use of puns in this one. It was a very sweet book. ( )
  tkehoe | Nov 17, 2015 |
Though this book was very cute and uplifting, I did not enjoy it as much as some of the other children’s books that I read recently. It is definitely a children’s book that is geared towards much younger aged children that would be read to by their parents. The language was very cute, using different plays on words and incorporating the illustrations into the words. This is why I would say that the illustrations did add to the overall story. Though they were just as simple as the actual words on the pages, simply just four geometric shapes, the author and illustrator creatively used the shapes to form different pieces on the page. For example at the end of the book when they formed an exclamation point. This book did not have an overarching bigger theme or moral to the story, which is why I believe that it is better to be just an enjoyable family read. ( )
  mcicch2 | Sep 13, 2015 |

Amy Krouse Rosenthalprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lichtenheld, TomIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The bestselling creators of EXCLAMATION MARK! introduce a triangle, circle, square, and rectangle who celebrate the gift of friendship.

Friends shape who we are. They make us laugh. They fill us with fun. They stand by us during life's up and downs. And even when we disagree with our friends, if they're tried-and-true, they don't stay bent out of shape for long. That's the beauty of a good buddy. This joyous book rejoices in the simple beauties of friendship, and reminds readers of all ages that it's good to have a group of pals.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:07:49 -0400)

Presents a story of friends Triangle, Circle, Square, and Rectangle as they have fun together and support one another through life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,447,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible