A Blind Guide to Stinkville by Beth Vrabel

A Blind Guide to Stinkville

by Beth Vrabel

I started this book as an audiobook, and it was wonderfully read - I highly recommend it to those who have time to listen to audiobooks! My 2-year-old doesn’t give me much of a chance to listen peacefully, so after trying for a month I checked out the hardback so I could finish it - which I did in less than a day! I loved Pack of Dorks but I think I might have loved this one more… Alice has albinism so she is practically blind. When her family moves from her familiar Seattle to a new town called Sinkville (but it stinks from the paper mill, so it’s totally Stinkville), she has to try and be independent. Alice has always relied on a friend to help her get around, but now she has to make new friends and fit in, which is hard when you have albinism. Alice is a great character with a great voice, and the book is so realistic I’m still wondering how the characters are doing! Highly recommended. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Dec 26, 2016 |
I loved this story about a girl with albinism. Her family moves to a small town in SC and she finds out how much her family had been protecting her and how difficult life can be for someone who is visually impaired. But she also finds out that people are nicer than you would imagine and you can find friends if you know where to look. This one is also very funny. ( )
  imtanner2 | Dec 14, 2015 |

Leaving her best friend and the familiarity of Seattle for the paper mill town of "Stinkville," South Carolina, twelve-year-old Alice, who lives with albinism and blindness, takes on the additional challenge of entering the Stinkville Success Stories essay contest.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,620,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible