Yes, My Accent Is Real: And Some Other…

Yes, My Accent Is Real: And Some Other Things I Haven't Told You

by Kunal Nayyar

Yes My Accent is Real: and Some Other Things I Haven’t Told You

I Picked Up This Book Because: Celebrity books have been my not so guilty pleasure for the past few months. Even though I don’t watch his show his book was highly recommended by a friend.

The Story:

I loved this book. Going in I didn’t know Kunal from Adam but I’m so glad I got to know him a little bit. His stories are so intriguing. From growing up in India to moving to the states, from adjusting to school in America to starting his acting career, from his friendship with Zico to his marriage I was engrossed in every minute. The story with his dad, brother and the mouse was so close to being my favorite until he talked about meeting his wife (and forgive me I’ve forgotten her name). The mouse story was just plain hilarious but the way Kunal speaks about his wife takes my breath away. I’m in awe of his depth of feeling for her and his ability to express it in words.

I honestly hope as his life and career progress he chooses to write another book and share those next chapters with the world.

The Random Thoughts:

4.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Mar 10, 2017 |
The actor who plays Raj in "The Big Bang Theory" writes a - well, not exactly a memoir, because as he says, "I'm not a politician...or a Kardashian" - but a collection of stories and memories from growing up in New Delhi to coming to America for college to getting interested in theater and deciding to make a career out of acting. It's quirky, heartfelt, funny, and I really enjoyed hearing the author himself read it: and yes, his accent is real. ( )
1 vote bell7 | Oct 17, 2016 |
This memoir was a nice look in how Kunal Nayyar started his life over in India and made his way over to the US and on to the Big Bang Theory. My favorite section of the book was his years in college. Though the parts later on how he met his wife, plus the details on his wedding were quite lovely as well. I wish I could remember more, but I didn't realize I hadn't reviewed this book until it started getting a bit fuzzy. ( )
1 vote princess_mischa | Apr 16, 2016 |
I loved it! The whole book I could hear in my head as I read in Kunal's voice with that accent. Funny and heartfelt, honest and serious, this book has it all! ( )
1 vote Kimmyd76 | Feb 22, 2016 |
Even though this does include Kunal's experiences that lead up to his role on The Big Bang Theory, this is mostly a coming-of-age story and a very sweet memoir. I love Kunal's reflections about his family and India, as well as the lessons he's learned throughout life. His descriptions of Indian holidays and weddings are vivid; he is a very good storyteller. There's humor throughout (sometimes eliciting a smile, sometimes a chuckle, sometimes a hearty laugh). ( )
1 vote Connie-D | Feb 5, 2016 |

Kunal Nayyarprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nayyar, KunalNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,933,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible