For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World…

For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards

by Jen Hatmaker

Absolutely hilarious and true. This woman really gets being a woman and mom and puts it out there in a way that will make you laugh out loud. There's quite a bit about the church too, which as a non-religious person I still, for the most part, found interesting. ( )
  she_climber | Apr 3, 2017 |
I have highlighted so much of this book! For the love is full of wisdom; insights which were often not new to me, but phrased in a way which really made an impact.

I particularly appreciated sections on our identity, parenting and marriage, and enjoyed the more random, humorous sections on everything from fashion faux pas to sarcastic 'thank you' letters.

However, while I really enjoyed those sections, and didn't find them a distraction from what would probably be considered the more serious topics, I think their inclusion means this book won't be for everyone. This is a shame, as I think there's a lot of helpful teaching and insight, but I think some potential readers won't appreciate the humour, which is their loss. ( )
  RachelMartin | Feb 22, 2017 |

RachelMartin | Feb 22, 2017 |
(159)
  activelearning | Dec 31, 2016 |
Great book. Funny. Some very helpful info! Underlined lots of stuff. ( )
  KoestK | Jun 13, 2016 |

Best-selling author Jen Hatmaker is convinced life can be lovely and fun and courageous and kind. She knows how the squeeze of this life can make us competitive and judgmental, how we can lose love for others and then for ourselves. She reveals how to:

Break free of guilt and shame by dismantling the unattainable Pinterest life. Learn to engage our culture’s controversial issues with a grace-first approach. Be liberated to love and release the burden of always being right.  Identify the tools you already have to develop real-life, all-in, know-my-junk-but-love-me-anyway friendships. Escape our impossible standards for parenting and marriage by accepting the standard of “mostly good.” Laugh your butt off.

In this raucous ride to freedom for modern women, Jen Hatmaker bares the refreshing wisdom, wry humor, no-nonsense faith, liberating insight, and fearless honesty that have made her beloved by women worldwide.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 05 Aug 2015 15:17:26 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,027,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible