The Lives of Norman Mailer: A Biography by…

The Lives of Norman Mailer: A Biography (original 1991; edition 2000)

by Carl Rollyson

Member:difreda
Title:The Lives of Norman Mailer: A Biography
Authors:Carl Rollyson
Info:toExcel (2000), Edition: illustrated edition, Paperback, 460 pages
Tags:Biography, American Experience, Mailer

The Lives of Norman Mailer: A Biography by Carl Rollyson (Author) (1991)

This is a very well-written book. The writing flows well and isn't dry. I also found the subject to be interesting, which I did not expect. ( )
  eheinlen | Jun 20, 2014 |
An interesting read. I had heard of Norman Mailer, and of his writings, prior to reading the biography, but had not known much about his background.

The book was laid out in an orderly fashion and puts forth quite a bit of information for the reader.

(Received via Member Giveaways.) ( )
  strogan | Sep 10, 2013 |
This is a well-researched chronological organized look at the life of a complicated, insecure, and irascible writer. As readers work through the years, they will discover that Mailer was not an easy man to understand and yet was unwavering in his desire to write the stories as he saw fit. This interesting profile explains much of the myths and legends and surrounding Mailer's life and loves. ( )
  bemislibrary | Jul 25, 2013 |
the book is fine and written ok, but his life as i was told turns out to be very disappointing and i have to agree. there is alot made of him and alot hype, but when it comes down to it, totally undeserved. i would say if nothing else he failed terribly.
  krushkelsey | Mar 9, 2013 |
I have no doubt this is an interesting and informative book about an awesome author and very interesting man. When the book arrived at our home from Librarything Early Reviewers, my husband immediately absconded with it for himself. Sometime later, my oldest child took the book to read herself. They both really enjoyed the book. I have yet to get it back. So I am recommending it on their enthused expressed opinions. I'm sure you will like it if you are interested in Norman Mailer.
  justmeRosalie | Feb 19, 2013 |
To Lisa
Norman Mailer's maternal grandfather, Chaim Yehudah Schneider, was the unofficial rabbi of Long Branch, New Jersey, renowned for his religious devotion and scholarship.

Carl E. Rollyson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,530,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible