Godland by Stuart R. West

by Stuart R. West

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bybeverlyjean

No tags.

If we could look behind closed doors, we might be surprised, even horrified, by what we see. Do we really know the family next door or the farmer in the country? Do we even care what they’re like, or is it simply easier to ignore those that might seem a bit different to us?

In Author Stuart R. West’s novel GODLAND, the reader meets a cast of characters that push the word “normal” to the limits. I’m not going to give anything away by describing each character, but the major players are people that you do not want as neighbors. There are a few characters that can be classified as “normal”, namely the teens Lindsay, Shannon and Gavin, well, as normal as teens are, but 300 pound Joshua, man-boy, 16 or 17 years old, will make you have nightmares or touch your heart or both. No, I can’t explain. You’ll have to read Joshua’s story to understand. For me, Joshua is the character that I wanted to help. I think you’ll understand why.

Mr. West is a master at creating characters that are so real you hope you never run into some of them on a dark street, or a daylight one for that matter. At least this reader has no desire to meet the real Edwin (father of Joshua) or his son. Are people really that warped? I guess so.

All I can say is read GODLAND with the lights on and even better with friends or family present to keep you in the real world. You certainly don’t want to get lost in GODLAND. I believe that the author has achieved his purpose of writing a story the reader will long remember and will avoid deserted country roads and lonely farm houses.

I won a copy of the novel from the publisher, MuseItUp Publishing

### ( )
  beverlyjean | Jun 3, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,050,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible