Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To…

Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service

by Ken Blanchard, Sheldon Bowles (Author), Sheldon Bowles

Other authors: Harvey Mackay (Foreword)

Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles uses a parable to present a logical business approach to customer service, from the goals of the organization, customer interactions, and a tie in of compensation and rewards. Diverse examples are used to illustrate the different parts of the process. The book presents cohesive and valuable lessons despite a somewhat cutesy and stylized writing approach.

Read my complete review at: http://www.memoriesfrombooks.com/2015/06/raving-fans-revolutionary-approach-to.h... ( )
  njmom3 | Jun 16, 2015 |
I heard about this book a while back and I felt fortunate when I was able to purchase it used. Several times I had attempted to read it but could not get into to it. When forced to do a big clean up and get rid of access books I flipped through this, one last time. It was just printed text; nothing got my eye until I saw a shield at the top of a page.
So that's how chapter heading are handled in this book. Flipping through the pages trying to see what the various subdivisions of the book were I came to another shield, this one at the bottom of the page. It arrested my attention; for it read: DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT. Well obviously this had piqued my curiosity so I sat down a read this rather short book from start to finish. It's a story! I was expecting a textbook. But it in away it was that too. What really caught my attention was the fairy godmother who played golf. What I liked most about the book was the way its ideas were presented in story format so that they really stuck in my mind for me to mull over and over. The subject matter so states the subtitle is customer service. Now that's something we all deal with every day, whether its serving in the library, working in a professional office, a retail estabishment or meeting the needs of friends and family.
This fast easy read will inspire and entertain you. And the key concepts that you will learn from reading this will most certainly help you in what ever capacity you serve. ( )
  MarthaL | Sep 16, 2011 |
Ein Muß für Verkaufs- u. Dienstleistungsprofis: Dieses Buch öffnet auf amüsante Weise die Augen für das "Wie" zum Aufbau einer optimalen Kundenbeziehung. Der Unterschied zwischen Kundenbegeisterung und Kundenzufriedenheit kann heute Verkaufs- und Dienstleistungsanbieter existentiell betreffen. Eine Investition in den Kauf dieses Buches ist eine, die nicht weh tut - sich aber auszahlt.
  r1hard | Nov 22, 2009 |
A revolutionary idea in today's economy...it's not enough to have satisfied customers, you must have raving fans. Told with whimsy of a world hard to imagine now with customer service being almost nonexistent. Nice to pretend, though. ( )
  GaylDasherSmith | Oct 1, 2008 |
not that impressed. Just lots of words to say take the best care of the customer that you can
  gardner | Jul 27, 2008 |

Ken Blanchardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bowles, SheldonAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bowles, Sheldonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mackay, HarveyForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"Your customers are only satisfied because their expectations are so low and because no one else is doing better. Just having satisfied customers isn't good enough anymore. If you really want a booming business, you have to create Raving Fans."

This, in a nutshell, is the advice given to a new Area Manager on his first day--in an extraordinary business book that will help everyone, in every kind of organization or business, deliver stunning customer service and achieve miraculous bottom-line results.

Written in the parable style of The One Minute Manager, Raving Fans uses a brilliantly simple and charming story to teach how to define a vision, learn what a customer really wants, institute effective systems, and make Raving Fan Service a constant feature--not just another program of the month.

America is in the midst of a service crisis that has left a wake of disillusioned customers from coast to coast. Raving Fans includes startling new tips and innovative techniques that can help anyone create a revolution in any workplace--and turn their customers into raving, spending fans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:48 -0400)

Shows readers how to define a vision, learn what a customer really wants, institute effective systems, and turn customers into raving fans.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,817,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible