Casanova: Acedia, Vol 1 by Matt Fraction

Casanova: Acedia, Vol 1

by Matt Fraction

152647,891 (3)None

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

A quick and not unpleasant read, although a lot of the time I didn't understand what was going on. This might of course be due to the fact I haven't read anything else in the series, and partly the confusion will be intentional but I think they may have taken it a bit too far.

Casanova has no memories of what his life before was. Others certainly do because he gets attacked a lot. He works for a man who has also lost his memory. Therefore, lots of confusion. This coincides with the End of the World.

I'm still not sure what to think about the series. The art wasn't really special and the Metanauts part were just weird...

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
A tale of two amnesiacs
Quentin Cassaday aka Casanova Quinn Works for Amiel Boutique, another man whose has lost the memory of his past. Strange “people” called Fabula have the answers as does Sasa Lisi who may be Amiel’s daughter.
There seems to be a large amount of organisations with acronyms: N.E.T.W.O.R.K, E.M.P.I.R.E., A.C.A.D.E.M.Y., etc.., the majority of which appear in the comic-within-a-comic, the Metanauts.
Quite confusing in places (especially with unexplained flashbacks), it is quite engaging; some sex and violence. I prefer my comics more straight-forward
  PaulAllard | Dec 9, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,106,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible