Earrings! by Judith Viorst

Earrings!

by Judith Viorst

3201934,663 (4.15)None

This girl is really passionate about earrings. ( )
  JoanAxthelm | Aug 4, 2017 |
Another great book I am excited about! Excited to use this for persuasive writing in second grade. I have always loved Judith's work with Alexander, so I'm so happy to have found another one of her sassy characters! ( )
  CourtneyElizabeth | Aug 3, 2016 |
Summary:
This story is about a girl who is really excited to get her ears pierced so she can wear earrings. She tries to get her parents to say yes by saying she will do all these extra chores. She knows her parents are sick of hearing her ask but she says she will stop as soon as they decide she is old enough.

Personal Reaction:
This story surprised me by how good it was. I was nervous that since I'm a guy that I wouldn't be able to relate but after reading it, I can always relate to begging my parents for things growing up and trying to compromise.

Classroom Extension:
1. This could be a good lesson about working hard for the things you want.
2. This is a good lesson to show how to properly display how badly you want something.
  dillonmarsh | Jul 19, 2016 |
This book helps demonstrate the process of persuasion. A little girl wants earrings SO badly, and tells her parents what she will do to get them and what she will do when she gets them. This is a great book to tell how to write a persuasion paper also.
  emilystrong | Nov 30, 2014 |
All she wanted was some earrings. Great book for kids to relate to when they want something, lots of repetitiveness for children. Just a cute story. ( )
  magarcia | Nov 30, 2014 |

Judith Viorstprimary authorall editionscalculated
Malone, Nola LangnerIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Now in paperback for the first time, the story of Charlie, a kid who knows how to be ready for any situation…. Just in Case . If a downpour turns into a flash flood or the grocery store should close indefinitely, Charlie knows exactly what he’ll do. But as Charlie is about to discover, sometimes not being ready is even better than being prepared for everything.

She wants them. She needs them. She loves them. Earrings! What won’t a girl do to finally get her ears pierced? Find out in this delightful tale that perfectly captures the yearnings of a young girl in desperate need of beautiful, glorious earrings!

According to Olivia—who is practically perfect—her younger sister Sophie isn’t very neat. But she’s not just messy, either…. She’s Super-Completely and Totally the Messiest! Olivia’s family tries to show her that Sophie is plenty of things besides a slob, but Olivia is unconvinced. Pictures from Robin Preiss Glasser, illustrator of Fancy Nancy, make this book super-completely and totally fun!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:14 -0400)

A young girl uses various arguments to convince her parents to let her have her ears pierced.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,308,448 books! | Top bar: Always visible