Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories by R. J.…

Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories

by R. J. Palacio

6731921,877 (4.42)5

Wonder was a book that my sons very much enjoyed - a good read for a fifth grader. Auggie and Me has three short stories. My son and I agree that the first two stories, The Julien Chapter and Pluto, were very good. The third short story was geared more for girls (in our opinion). It was fun to read short stories with my son especially about characters we already knew. ( )
  Beth.Clarke | Jun 28, 2019 |
"Auggie and Me" gives three new perspectives about Auggie's story from "Wonder." In this book we learn more about Charlotte, Julian, and Christopher. Told through each character's point of view, each character reveals more about his/her experience during Auggie's first year of school, in addition to learning more about him/her as a character. We gain some empathy for Julian, as we learn more about his past and the effects on him of Auggie's admittance to the school. Christopher, Auggie's first friend, reveals more about Auggie's past and what it was like to be friends with August. We also see him struggle with wanting to be friends with August while not risking his other friendships because of August. Charlotte tells us of her appointment as a student who is charged with introducing Auggie to his new school, in addition to her social life non-relating to August. ( )
  Brianna.Andrea | Feb 18, 2019 |
A companion book to Wonder, with some stories of the other children in Auggie's class. Really enjoyable - makes me want to revisit Wonder. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
This book is great for elementary students to understand how to be friends and deal with bullying. ( )
  maespino | Nov 1, 2018 |
Fantastic stories ! These stories capture the essence of what it is like to be in fifth grade and in middle school. All 3 stories are well wroth the read. ( )
  mcorbink | Jul 1, 2018 |
The Julian Chapter

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
—Ian Maclaren
The Julian Chapter
Okay, okay, okay.
I know, I know, I know.
There’s no rule book that tells you how to act in every given situation in life, you know? So what I always say is that it’s always better to err on the side of kindness. That’s the secret. If you don’t know what to do, just be kind. You can’t go wrong.
—pgs. 13, 14

"These stories are an extra peek at Auggie, a boy born with extreme facial abnormalities, before he started at Beecher Prep and during his first year there. Readers get to see him through the eyes of Julian, the bully; Christopher, Auggie s oldest friend; and Charlotte, Auggie s new friend at school"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,084,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible