Ms. Marvel: Crushed by G. Willow Wilson

Ms. Marvel: Crushed (original 2015; edition 2014)

by G. Willow Wilson (Author), Elmo Bondoc (Artist.), Takeshi Miyazawa (Artist.), Joe Carmagna (Letterer), Ian Herring (Colors)

Member:donutage
Title:Ms. Marvel: Crushed
Authors:G. Willow Wilson (Author)
Other authors:Elmo Bondoc (Artist.), Takeshi Miyazawa (Artist.), Joe Carmagna (Letterer), Ian Herring (Colors)
Info:New York, N.Y. : Marvel Worldwide, Inc., a subsidiary of Marvel Entertainment, LLC, 2014-
Collections:Moorestown
Tags:comics, 21c, superhero, NJ, american, marvel

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3: Crushed by G. Willow Wilson (2015)

English (25)  Swedish (1)  All (26)
This continues to be one of my favorite Marvel titles. As Kamala comes into her own, she becomes more a part of the greater Marvel Universe.

What's up with Loki? I knkow that he's an agent of Asgardia, but an angsty Millenial Hipster agent?

So, are S.H.I.E.L.D. the comic book and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the television show canon for the other? I mean this one is all Coulson and Simmons. ( )
  Eric.Cone | Sep 28, 2017 |
I love this series. I love each installment!! ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
So, rather than study, I read this volume.

I loved it, possibly more than the second! Wilson's writing is really interesting and full of subtle references to stereotypes and empowerment in amongst all of the plot. I still love the art -- I loved that Kamala Khan's super powers also lend themselves really well to the sense of whimsy in the story.

The feminism is strong in this issue, as well as Kamala Khan challenging stereotypes that all Muslims are the same / terrorists / refugees or whatever other stereotype is thrown at her. And watching G. Willow Wilson tip-toe around pop culture references without getting in trouble for copyright infringement is great too.

This comic doesn't really feel like young adult, it feels like a good, old-fashioned comic. ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |
Very enjoyable read about a teen who has to deal with superpowers, family and religion. Add into the mix Loki and a possible romance and it's all very complicated and an enjoyable read. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Aug 29, 2016 |
This was my least favorite Ms. Marvel story so far. Most of the story involved Kamala falling head over heels for an upright young Indian man her parents set her up with. Some of the graphic novel is very cutesy in a teeny bopper kind of way. However, I really missed Lockjaw and Wolverine. They added a lot to volume 2 and were pretty much absent throughout this book.

I did enjoy the introduction of a new evil group of people with superpowers. I also liked that this book does show some of Kamala’s vulnerabilities.

Overall a good addition to the series but not great. I thought there was too much boyfriend angst and not enough Lockjaw and Wolverine (is he actually going to mentor Kamala or what?). I will continue to read the series, for the most part it’s been a very awesome graphic novel series that I’ve enjoyed a lot. ( )
  krau0098 | May 11, 2016 |

Wilson, G. Willowprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Miyazawa, TakeshiIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bondoc, ElmoIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thor did it.
Contains Ms. Marvel #12–15, paperback

Love is in the air in Jersey City as Valentine's Day arrives! Kamala Khan may not be allowed to go to the school dance, but Ms. Marvel is! Well sort of - by crashing it in an attempt to capture Asgard's most annoying trickster! Yup, it's a special Valentine's Day story featuring Marvel's favorite charlatan, Loki! And when a mysterious stranger arrives in Jersey City, Ms. Marvel must deal with...a crush! Because this new kid is really, really cute. What are these feelings, Kamala Khan? Prepare for drama! Intrigue! Romance! Suspense! Punching things! All this and more! The fan-favorite, critically acclaimed, amazing new series continues as Kamala Khan proves why she's the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is! Plus, see what happens when SHIELD agent Jemma Simmons goes undercover at Kamala's school! Collects Ms. Marvel (2014) #12-15, S.H.I.E.L.D. (2014) #2.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785192271, Paperback)

Love is in the air in Jersey City as Valentine's Day arrives! Kamala Khan may not be allowed to go to the school dance...but Ms. Marvel is! Well sort of - by crashing it attempting to capture Asgard's most annoying trickster! Yup, it's a special Valentine's Day story featuring Marvel's favorite charlatan, Loki! The fan favorite, critically-acclaimed, amazing new series continues as Kamala Khan proves why she's the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is!

COLLECTING: Ms. Marvel 12-15, Annual 1

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:45:15 -0400)

G. Willow Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,514,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible