Never Let You Go by Katy Regnery

315521,247 (4)6

NEVER LET YOU GO BY KATY REGNERY

NEVER LET YOU GO BY KATY REGNERY

SYNOPSIS

Regret, betrayal, kidnapping, loss, madness, abuse, passion, love.In this modern retelling of Hansel and Gretel, thirteen-year-old foster children Griselda and Holden escape from their abductor after three years of brutal captivity, and try to cross the Shenandoah River on foot. Tragically, one of them makes it to safety, but the other is left behind.Ten years later, Griselda's boyfriend drags her to a fight club grudge match, and her world is turned upside down when she watches Holden step into the ring.Though the connection between them is fierce, bitter regret, simmering rage, and a tangle of physical and emotional scars lie between them, just as dangerous as the white water of the Shenandoah.Never Let You Go is a story of fear and hope, defeat and survival, and two people--once profoundly broken--who discover that love is the only thing that can make them whole again.

BUY LINKS

Amazon (US): http://ow.ly/NLqSs

REVIEW:  NEVER LET YOU GO BY KATY REGNERY

Never Let You Go: A Modern Fairytale by Katy RegneryMy rating: 4 of 5 starsNever Let You Go left me emotionally spent. My heart broke for these two innocents. Katy Regnery has written a story that consists of pain, hope, heartbreak and redemption. This journey is not for the faint of heart. View all my reviews

Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
When I saw that this was a modern fairy tale, I expected a candy floss book. Something nice and light. Well, this was anything but. From the first page this book was different and spoke directly to my heart. Both the MC's had so much loss and suffering in their lives, it is unbelievable.

The book is written in 2 parts. The current happenings and a great many flashbacks by both characters as the story unfolds. Sometimes the flashbacks disturbs the flow of the book as they get repetitive. You read the flashbacks of both characters, so there is a point of view from both sides.

This book, even though it is fictional, has a real feeling to it. It is one of those books that makes you realize that life is sometimes very ugly outside of your own comfort zone. This book has stayed with me, in the back of my mind, brooding. Also it reminds again of the kindness of fellow people. There are still people that care and are willing to help. I think a great many more that you would ever think.

In this Christmas season, we should all reach out and touch the lives of others. It doesn't have to be with money or things. Just give some of your time and attention. Sometimes it is as simple as that. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
Never Let You Go by Katy Regnery (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Becca Ballenger

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Wow! I didn’t want to stop listening to this book! The feelings evoked from this story were awesome. Desperation, anger, fear, love, hurt, hope and happiness.. all there. I am exhausted… partly from the crazy roller coaster of emotions in this book and partly because it kept me up WAY TOO LATE!!! I felt these characters had good growth throughout the book and I loved them together.

IMYLCILYF - awwwww!!! LOVE IT!!!!

At a few points I didn’t know how the story was going to proceed to my longed for happily ever after.. but it did. I have never read this author before. This book just showed up in my Facebook news feed - someone must have shared, and the blurb sounded really good… I am glad it did not disappoint! I will be sure to check out more of her books.

On the audio aspect of this book: Becca Ballenger narrated well, I would listen to her again. However, there was often muffled background noises, thumping, voices and even sirens at one point. Through the majority of the story, her voice was clear and easy to understand, though it did move away from the mic a few times and one chapter was very “tin-can” like, which thankfully only lasted that one chapter.

I truly recommend this book, though like the blurb says - there is child abuse (not sexual), violence and sex. So be warned if any of that is not your cup of tea.

Original review at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
I really loved [b:The Vixen and the Vet|22888713|The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale)|Katy Regnery|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1407619273s/22888713.jpg|41348588] so I was eager to read this book. Unfortunately, this was just too New Adult-ish for me. I'm not a huge fan of New Adult but usually the ones I decide to give a chance are okay. This one, though, just couldn't keep my attention. DNF
  AddictedReader28 | Oct 19, 2017 |
Never Let You Go was a beautifully crafted story. It was about two foster kids that were abducted. Together they faced verbal abuse and brutal beatings. They found comfort in one another, but eventually were separated and left with questions and broken lives. After years apart, fate reunites them and they find out the person they once knew is there, but buried deep beneath secrets and a new name. Their connection is still as strong as ever, but in order to find happiness, they have to face reality and reality is often ugly.

This story definitely surprised me. It was unique with lots of twists and turns. Just when I thought things were looking up, something happened and changed everything. I found the characters to be well developed and their story pulled at my heart strings. I personally loved the kidnapping retellings. The memories of their time spent together in that cellar felt so vivid and raw. It was tragic, but in some sick, twisted way it was also beautiful. I found their romance to be all consuming. I loved how they grew together and kept one another in their hearts even when they were apart. It was a heart breaking tale, but each word you read is worth it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this retelling of Hansel and Gretel. I have no complaints other than it felt a tad slow at times and the cover wasn't my favorite. Babies, children, and pregnant women are an instant turn off when I'm choosing books so... I'm definitely thankful to all the people that pushed me to look past the cover. It turned out to be a great read that I recommend to all! ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |

Katy Regnery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,423,426 books! | Top bar: Always visible