A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4) by…

A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4) (edition 2006)

by Kim Harrison

Member:Saturngrl
Title:A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4)
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:HarperTorch (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 544 pages
Collections:Series - not finished; read and given away
Tags:urban fantasy, witches, elves, demons, vampires

A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison

Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton (housewench)
    housewench: Both of these books in their respective series drag their protagonists from the comfort of home, away where they've little support. Both heroines must deal with werewolves in ways that make them rethink themselves, and who they are, before they can return safely home.… (more)

English (63)  Dutch (2)  All languages (65)
Read/Listened for Fun (Library/Audible)
Overall Rating: 3.75
Story Rating: 3.50
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.50 (Not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished:A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison won't go down as one of my favorites in the series mostly because of Nick!

Overall Thoughts:

1: Have never been a fan of Nick (though I honestly don't want her with Kist either) and so I am hoping the end marked their relationship from this point forward.
2: I still love the troubled threesome but the foreshadowing is making me pre-sad!
3: Big Jenks = Awesome!
4: Hoping this is a turn for Ivy and she will be more open!
5: No Trent so I felt like the overall story didn't move forward.
6: Need more Ceri--she is super interesting.
7: Less Kisten (and he wasn't even in this one much)

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Marguerite Gavin / Length: 17 hrs and 10 mins

She really nails all of these characters. I am just a fan of Marguerite's narration. Awesome is just awesome :)

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! Reviews

My Status Updates:

20%: #Listening Yeah Jenks is back in the mix!
51%: I am reading and listening. The library had the book so I can switch up Yeah!
56%: Listening while working today: I HATE NICK! Seriously I doubt he dies (cause really I wouldn't miss him so that means he lives) but the Ray Ray thing is going to make me fall into the world with some duct tape :)"
60%: Listening is that really about to happen? OMG really Ivy/Rachel--this is a really intense scene!

Favorite Quote:

“If you do it once, it’s a mistake. If you do it twice, it’s not a mistake anymore.”

He grinned. “That’s because pixies are ever-after. We’re magic, baby. Just ask Matalina.”

“Damn it all to Disneyland! Where’s crap for brains?” ( )
  thehistorychic | Mar 29, 2015 |
Rachel Morgan is one of my favorite heroines of the urban fantasy genre. She's willing to do the terrible, but she still gets upset about doing the terrible. But she gets over herself and doesn't whine. I really appreciate that. Add to it an awesome pixie sidekick and what's not to like?

Okay, well there are a few things not to like. I do appreciate that they go out and address Rachel's "obsession with danger." Usually the heroine is just stupidly attracted to it, but it's interesting how they bring it out into the open like that. The whole Ivy/Rachel subplot thing is weird, and I don't know if I like it. We'll just see where it goes, I guess.

The plot itself of this novel really is great. The Focus gives me chills, and Rachel using all the black curses and turning into a wolf and stuff is awesome. And the con plot at the end? Love it. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Mar 21, 2015 |
Great series! Rachel is snarky and a kick a$$ chick! Jinx is hysterical and Ivy is a real bada$$! I may be crushing on Al, I know he is a demon but he is just so funny!

Terrific concept and truly entertaining tale! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
I love the whole hollows series. Rachel, Ivy and Jenks pull it off time and time again. Magic, mystery and danger follow them where ever they go.

Harrison just keepings getting better. This is my least favorite book in the series, mostly because it lack a certain character in the story line. Fantastic series for people who like urban fantasy but find the sexual overload necessary. I look forward to each and every book. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
ordered from amazon.fr

I'm really enjoying this series. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Harrison, Kimmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lodewijk, AnnemarieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the man who invariably says, "Really? Okay," instead of, "You want to do what?"
The solid thud of David's car door shutting echoed off the stone face of the eight-story building we had parked beside.
'I was a sucker for a smart man, especially when the brains came packaged in a body that was carefully maintained' Rachel
'One person can't hold anything, but two can have the world' Jenks
I glanced at the men behind him, then extended my hand again. 'Rachel Morgan,' I said more confidently than I felt. 'And this is Jenks, my partner.' This was weird, civilized. Yes, I've come to rob you, sir. / How delightful; won't you have some tea before you do?

The evil night things that prowl Cincinnati despise witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan. Her new reputation for the dark arts is turning human and undead heads alike with the intent to possess, bed, and kill her -- not necessarily in that order.  Now a mortal lover who abandoned Rachel has returned, haunted by his secret past. And there are those who covet what Nick possesses -- savage beasts willing to destroy the Hollows and everyone in it if necessary.  Forced to keep a low profile or eternally suffer the wrath of a vengeful demon, Rachel must nevertheless act quickly. For the pack is gathering for the first time in millennia to ravage and to rule. And suddenly more than Rachel's soul is at stake.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060788194, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:58 -0400)

Witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan comes to the aid of Nick, a former lover haunted by his secret past and in possession of savage beasts that are willing to destroy the Hollows and everyone in it, and discovers that more than her own soul is at stake.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,884,953 books! | Top bar: Always visible