A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4) by…

A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4) (edition 2006)

by Kim Harrison

Member:Saturngrl
Title:A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, Book 4)
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:HarperTorch (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 544 pages
Collections:Series - not finished; read and given away
Tags:urban fantasy, witches, elves, demons, vampires

A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison

Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton (housewench)
    housewench: Both of these books in their respective series drag their protagonists from the comfort of home, away where they've little support. Both heroines must deal with werewolves in ways that make them rethink themselves, and who they are, before they can return safely home.… (more)

English (60)  Dutch (2)  All languages (62)
I love the whole hollows series. Rachel, Ivy and Jenks pull it off time and time again. Magic, mystery and danger follow them where ever they go.

Harrison just keepings getting better. This is my least favorite book in the series, mostly because it lack a certain character in the story line. Fantastic series for people who like urban fantasy but find the sexual overload necessary. I look forward to each and every book. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
ordered from amazon.fr

I'm really enjoying this series. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
A Fistful of Charms is the fourth book in The Hollows series by Kim Harrison. While I love this series, this particular novel was not my favorite. This one features werewolves, but I didn't like Harrison's take on how they function together. They are all after something Nick stole, so Rachel has to help him. The whole idea of this item and what it does is just strange to me. I can't be more explicit because I don't want to spoil the book for anyone.

The main characters are here, Rachel, Al, Jenks, and Ivy; who gets more involved than usual, which was interesting. I really enjoy how Harrison grows each character throughout the books. As in real life, they change their personalities and views on issues as things happen.

The story slowed down in places, like when they hung out at the hotel trying to figure out what to do. The whole big scene on the bridge was sad and a little weird. It didn't leave me completely satisfied.

I still love the series. In my opinion, they need to be read in order to get the full benefit of the stories and the characters. So read this one, but maybe don't expect as much. They do get a lot better! ( )
  NCRainstorm | Mar 28, 2014 |
Tedious. ( )
  mhg123 | Nov 17, 2013 |
This is an Urban Fantasy Novel and is one of my favorites in the genre. It is different enough from others that it leaves me wanting more. Rachel Morgan is a witch and bounty hunter. She is partners with Ivy Tamwood and Jenks. Kisten is a vampire and Rachel's current boyfriend, while Nick is human and Rachel's ex-boyfriend. All of these characters are very complex and sometimes almost too real. It is almost too hard to explain the relationships between the characters because they are so complex. The story seems to evolve around the relationships and how they are moving. My favorite is Jenks. I just love him. he may be small but he has a lot of heart and determination.

I enjoyed a life size Jenks in this book. The scenes when he is experiencing various human foods and such are just awesome. Nick is one of my least favorite characters in this series, the fact that he came back was kinda a bummer to me. There was something about him from the beginning that I didn't like. Rachel and Ivy's relationship is a big frustration to me, but it seemed to progress/change in the storyline of this book. Which I was happy about.

Kim Harrison is a great writer. There is nothing forgotten in this book. I enjoyed the continuation of the series. I will for sure continue in this series so that I can see what Rachel gets into next. I would for sure recommend this series, just know that it starts out a little slow. ( )
  Krisrich85 | Oct 8, 2013 |

Kim Harrisonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Harrison, Kimmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lodewijk, AnnemarieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the man who invariably says, "Really? Okay," instead of, "You want to do what?"
The solid thud of David's car door shutting echoed off the stone face of the eight-story building we had parked beside.
'I was a sucker for a smart man, especially when the brains came packaged in a body that was carefully maintained' Rachel
'One person can't hold anything, but two can have the world' Jenks
I glanced at the men behind him, then extended my hand again. 'Rachel Morgan,' I said more confidently than I felt. 'And this is Jenks, my partner.' This was weird, civilized. Yes, I've come to rob you, sir. / How delightful; won't you have some tea before you do?

The evil night things that prowl Cincinnati despise witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan. Her new reputation for the dark arts is turning human and undead heads alike with the intent to possess, bed, and kill her -- not necessarily in that order.  Now a mortal lover who abandoned Rachel has returned, haunted by his secret past. And there are those who covet what Nick possesses -- savage beasts willing to destroy the Hollows and everyone in it if necessary.  Forced to keep a low profile or eternally suffer the wrath of a vengeful demon, Rachel must nevertheless act quickly. For the pack is gathering for the first time in millennia to ravage and to rule. And suddenly more than Rachel's soul is at stake.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060788194, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:23 -0400)

Witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan comes to the aid of Nick, a former lover haunted by his secret past and in possession of savage beasts that are willing to destroy the Hollows and everyone in it, and discovers that more than her own soul is at stake.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,649,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible