dismiss

Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Hopcross…
Mercy is a shapeshifting coyote and honorary member of the Tri-Cities werewolf pack. When the pack stumbles upon the buried bones of numerous dead children, she shapeshifts into a mystery of the legendary fae--a mystery that draws Mercy's stepdaughter Jesse into the fray! The supernatural romance series Mercy Thompson continues in this all-new, original story by New York Times bestselling author, Patricia Briggs, exclusively created for the comic book medium! Collects the six-issue Mercy Thompson comic book series from 2014-2015, a story set in official continuity.… (more)
Member:jjmcgaffey
Title:Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Hopcross Jilly
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Other authors:Rik Hoskin, Tom Garcia, (Cartoonist) Mohan, Bill Tortolini
Info:[United States] : Dynamite Entertainment : Made available through hoopla, 2015.
Collections:Your library, Working on
Tags:Fic, GN, GN:Books, @Hoopla, SF, _Omnibus, _OmnibusPBMT-HcJ

Mercy Thompson: Hopcross Jilly by Patricia Briggs

This graphic novel is set between books and features Mercy’s stepdaughter Jesse. The focus of the story is the pack finding skeletal remains in a field and Jesse meeting a new girl at school. While Mercy and Adam help the police find more bodies in the ground, Jesse is bringing the new girl, Jill up to speed on school and why certain cliques don’t like Jesse. While the investigation goes on kids from Jesse’s school start to disappear and fingers are pointing at her because her dad is a werewolf. Mercy finds a Fae connection to the bodies and is now on the hunt for a Fae killer that can look like anyone.

The story wraps up quite quickly and has the bonus of not requiring the reader to have read all the other books in the series in order to enjoy this one.

Digital review copy provided by the publisher through NetGalley
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jan 6, 2020 |
I enjoyed seeing some of Jessie’s life even though high school can be rough ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
A bit predictable but a fun story nonetheless. [I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.]

tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
I haven't read the Mercy Thompson series, but I was hoping that this would be a peek into that world so I could see if it was for me. This comic is set between Frost Burned and Night Broken, and even though I haven't read the series I was perfectly able to enjoy this comic.

There are some freaky fae tales out there. The one that personally freaks me out the most is the one that turns children into horses for it's stable. Ich.

But this story is about a fae who eats the fingers and toes of bad children. Lovely.

Overall, I liked the art style and the story flowed very well, especially considering I didn't know any of the characters going in. I imagine this would be a nice vignette to the book series.

Copy courtesy of Diamond Book Distributors, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Hopcross Jilly is the second original graphic novel in the Mercy Thompson series — the first being a prequel, Homecoming. Jilly is set between Frost Burn and Night Broken, and takes place just after the events of Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega Book 4).

There are two things I like about this short story. First, I really like seeing more of Jesse’s perspective. Jesse is always written as a great kid. She deals maturely (mostly) with her mom, her dad’s werewolf pack, and with Mercy as a new step-mom. But rarely do we see things from her perspective. In Hopcross Jilly, part of the story is told by Jesse, so we get some real insight into her mindset and how the world is for her now that her dad is openly known as a werewolf. As one might expect, high school is not kind to her, but she deals with it as best she can.

The second thing I like about this story is the way it continues the storyline about the Fae. You don’t have to know anything about any of the Mercy Thompson or Alpha & Omega stories to enjoy Hopcross Jilly; but, if you are reading the series, then this story’s placement in both is important. In Dead Heat, we saw a Fae — who are all supposed to be on the reservations and controlled by the Grey Lords — out in the world and preying on mortal children. But, at the end of the story, we are left without an answer as to why this Fae is out in the world. Hopcross Jilly shows us another “escaped” Fae preying on mortal children, but this time we learn why — and that reason will, I suspect, have big implications in upcoming books.

Purchased. Review courtesy of onebooktwo.com | one book, two reviews. ( )
  InvestedIvana | Sep 4, 2015 |
This is a combined omnibus edition of a serialized graphic novel and should not be combined with the individual issues.

Mercy is a shapeshifting coyote and honorary member of the Tri-Cities werewolf pack. When the pack stumbles upon the buried bones of numerous dead children, she shapeshifts into a mystery of the legendary fae - a mystery that draws Mercy's stepdaughter Jesse into the fray! The supernatural romance series Mercy Thompson continues in this all-new, original story by New York Times bestselling author, Patricia Briggs, exclusively created for the comic book medium!

This 168 page hardcover collects the six-issue Mercy Thompson comic book series by PATRICIA BRIGGS, RIK HOSKIN, and TOM GARCIA aand features the original script and line art to issue #1, along with character designs and sketches by Tom Garcia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,929,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible