Western Adventure (Sugar Creek Gang Series)…

Western Adventure (Sugar Creek Gang Series)

by Paul Hutchens

861140,249 (5)None

Tom has been hanging around Shorty Long: the Gang's enemy and Bill's WORST one. Bill and Tom were great friends, until now. Tom left the Gang and stopped going to church. When Bill came over to say hi, Tom insulted him by telling him that sissies go to church. That tested Bill's temper and big trouble begins with Bill and Tom Till.
I LOVED this book! I was literally shaking with uncontrollable excitement! This book teaches that controlling your spirit is VERY important. If you don't control yourself, it could hurt people, put your friends in danger, or even cost you your best friend's life! THIS, IS, AN, AWESOME, BOOK! ( )
  Jenneth | Jun 8, 2009 |
We were in the middle of the most exciting part of a pretend cowboys' necktie party when we heard the shot.
" In case you might be wondering why Little Tom Till wasn't with us on our necktie party, maybe I'd better tell you that all that spring and summer, he had been chumming around with a new boy who had moved into the neighborhood. That new boy was our enemy- and it wasn't our fault either." 'It's Tom Till! He's been killed by lightning!' "
What I yelled to Little Tom Till that day, as he stood on the porch of his house glaring sullenly at me, was, "The very next time I catch you alone somewhere without Shorty or your brother along, I'm going to whale the living daylights out of you!"
" It's Tom Till! He's been killed by lightning!"
Western Adventure (Original title: Sugar Creek Gang Goes Western)

Hanging the imaginary horse thief, Snaterpazooka, in the Sugar Creek Hills leads to a real-life shoot-out in Western Adventure. The adventure includes an out-of-control campfire, a horse-killing thunderstorm, and a runaway boat. As Bill Collins faces trouble with Tom Till, he remembers the sermon about ruling your spirit and being slow to anger. Learn with Bill the importance of choosing the proper boss. The Sugar Creek Gang series chronicles the faith-building adventures of a group of fun-loving, courageous Christian boys. These classic stories have been inspiring children to grow in their faith for more than five decades. More than three million copies later, children continue to grow up relating to members of the gang as they struggle with the application of their Christian faith to the adventure of life. Now that these stories have been updated for a new generation, you and your child can join in the Sugar Creek excitement. Paul Hutchen's memories of childhood adventures around the fishing hole, the swimming hole, the island, and the woods that surround Indiana's Sugar Creek inspired these beloved tales.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:30 -0400)

As Bill Collins and Tom Till are hanging the imaginary horse thief Snaterpazooka, it leads to a real-life shoot-out.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,480,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible