Vango vol. 2 - Un principe senza regno by…

Vango vol. 2 - Un principe senza regno (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Timothée De Fombelle

Title:Vango vol. 2 - Un principe senza regno
Authors:Timothée De Fombelle

A Prince Without a Kingdom: Vango Book Two by Timothée de Fombelle (2011)

English (9)  German (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (13)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had just recently purchased the first book when I noticed the second book was up for selection in Early Reviewers, so I jumped at the opportunity to win a copy. By the time I got around to reading the second book though, it had been many months and many books later, so I found the character list and two page summary of the first book at the beginning to be very helpful.

Vango is still on the run trying to avoid getting killed by unknown enemies for unknown reasons, and is still struggling to discover who he is. Throughout the story, the reader is given clues as to who Vango really is, and it all eventually clicks into place for the reader, yet it is dramatic irony, because Vango doesn't learn what the reader does.

Although there is one major plot, each character has their own sub-plot, and these stories are weaved together in an enthralling way. The story is very descriptive which leaves it very drawn out, but at the end everything happens so quickly in comparison to the rest of the book that it feels rushed.

I really enjoyed both books in the series, yet I felt to an extent that I had to force myself to read them. I really wanted to know what happened next, but for some reason, I just couldn't get into it. I found this book to be challenging because it was hard for me to get into, and at times I got confused between the large number of characters, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. ( )
  alienwierdos | Sep 1, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I spent awhile trying to get into this book, and simply could never build up sufficient interest. However, this wasn't because it was poorly written. My problem mainly stemmed from the fact that as the second book in a series, I felt completely lost in the story; too many characters and too much history to feel like I really had a sense of what was going on. I would suggest reading the first book in the series before trying to tackle this one. ( )
  dmerrell | Jan 26, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a free copy through Library Thing.
Wow I was totally blown away by this story. OK, at first it took a little bit to understand what was going on since I jumped right into Book 2, having no idea what happened in Book 1. But man, I enjoyed every moment of this book.

This book has a lot of interesting characters, with so many plots and twists and turns that you can never quite be sure how it would end. Throughout the story, pieces of the puzzle slowly reveal themselves and unravel the mystery behind Vango and his unknown past. Who would have thought that a kid had such a fascinating background that ultimately linked the lives of multiple people together and could change the course of history.

A wonderfully and thoughtfully written book that weaves fiction with actual history. Plus the characters are quite colourful and interesting. Never a dull moment.

One minor thing that I didn't like.... it was how rushed the ending was compared to the rest of the book. I would have liked to known what happened to some of the other characters. ( )
  Dream24 | Jan 6, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found this hard to get caught up in. The prose is good, the characters are colourful, but somehow it failed to grab me, and I found myself reading it in little spurts here and there. I'm not sure if that was there reason why it came out feeling so disjointed to me, or it was the sequential narrative. I'm a big fan of travelogues, even ones that span lifetimes and switch locations/protagonists, so I had high hopes for this book. I think perhaps having read the start of the series would have been helpful in drawing me into the story.
  foldedleaves | Dec 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
His parents were murdered when he was young. He is on a search for the man who killed them. He searches for the truth about what has happened to them, through many dangers and trials, his courage never faltering. He travels with the girls who loves him from city to city across many countries, as the sprawling and complex adventure continues in this sequel to between sky and Earth. 7th grade and up. ( )
  celesteporche | Nov 25, 2015 |
Maar mijn hart is als een kostbare piano die op slot zit en waarvan de sleutel zoek is. Anton Tsjechov

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076367950X, Hardcover)

International award winner Timothée de Fombelle brings the breathtaking global adventure of Vango to a thrilling conclusion.

Fleeing dark forces and unfounded accusations across Europe in the years between World Wars, a young man named Vango has been in danger for as long as he can remember. He has spent his life running along rooftops, fleeing to isolated islands, and evading capture across Russia, Paris, New York, and Italy. Narrow escapes, near misses, and a dash of romantic intrigue will rivet adventurous teens to their seats as Vango continues to unravel the mysteries of his past. In the shadow of a rapidly changing world, can Vango find those who have hunted him for so long and uncover his true identity?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 19:25:54 -0400)

5 wanted3 pay6 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Vango Book Two: A Prince Without a Kingdom by Timothee de Fombelle was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,828,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible