Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1 by Grant…

Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1

by Grant Morrison

"From the masterful minds of Grant Morrison (FINAL CRISIS, THE MULTIVERSITY) and Yanick Paquette (SWAMP THING, BATMAN, INC.) comes the most provocative origin of Wonder Woman you've ever seen--a wholly unique retelling that still honors her origins. For millennia, the Amazons of Paradise Island have created a thriving society away from the blight of man. One resident, however, is not satisfied with this secluded life--Diana, Princess of the Amazons, knows there is more in this world and wants to explore, only to be frustrated by her protective mother, Hippolyta. Diana finds her escape when Air Force pilot Steve Trevor, the first man she has ever seen, crashes onto their shores. With his life hanging in the balance, Diana ventures into the long forbidden world of men. The Amazons chase after her and bring her back to Paradise Island in chains to face trial for breaking their oldest law--staying separated from the world that wronged them. Thought-provoking yet reverent, thoroughly modern but still timeless, the power and courage of Paradise Island's greatest champion--Wonder Woman--is introduced in this new addition to DC Comics's New York Times best-selling Earth One original graphic novel series"--… (more)

A retelling of Wonder Woman's origins, which I appreciate because I didn't know them and Rebirth told me absolutely nothing, and was confusing with all the alternative storytellings there's been for Diana and Wonder Woman.

The art is pretty, and I had a big nut for Diana in those chains cause daaaamn she looks amazing. Her mother was a total babe too, though the guys all looked ugly as per usual in a lot of Western mainstream/superhero comics 💀 ( )
  Criticalnes | Jan 14, 2019 |
I had high hopes, but the dialogue was gibberish and the story was simultaneously too much of a homage to Wonder Woman's earliest stories and too much a departure from the core of the character. Let's take the worst aspects of the character and mix it with some really misguided new notions. So disappointing. I suggest flipping through and just looking at the pretty pictures. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
2.5 stars. I wanted to read this because I loved Wonder Woman when I was a kid. So naturally, I expected to love this and I didn't. The characters are just cardboard cutouts. The action isn't especially exciting. Guess I'll find another way to get my WW fix. ( )
  TheBibliophage | Mar 20, 2018 |
I decided to read this as part of the challenge I'm doing with my sister. I give it 3 out of 5 mainly because it wasn't that great of a story. Not alot of action for it being a comic book. ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 22, 2017 |
Two words: Kangaroo Jousting.
  Literate.Ninja | May 9, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,935,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible