Cold Feet by Amy Fitzhenry

Cold Feet (edition 2015)

by Amy Fitzhenry (Author)

I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

Most people who know me will tell you I don't read chick lit. Out of all genres it is my least favorite. However, there are always exceptions and this book was one of them.

Planning for your "big day" is very stressful. Emma Moon, a lawyer, has doubled the stress by deciding to go on a trip of discovery the week before the wedding. Some of the things Emma learns is very difficult for her. You feel her pain. Trying to find answers to why her family turned out the way it did was something she felt she had to do. She began to have self doubts about her wedding. She didn't want her marriage to resemble her parent's marriage. I'm sure there are many people like myself who will find areas in this story they can relate to. I liked the way the author wrote Emma's character because she felt so real and flawed. That is what made this book so different from most chick lit stories. I know this is why I loved the book so much and definitely recommend it to those friends who love the chick lit genre. ( )
  skstiles612 | Sep 7, 2015 |
I got half way into this book very quickly. Not because I could not stop reading this book but because the chapters are short and I am a fast reader. Yet the first half of the book was not very eventful or rememberable. I could not really tell you what happened in the first half of the book. None of the characters were that intriguing. Thus the second half of the book was not that much better. Yes, I felt sorry for Emma that her parents were not loving and active in her life but I did not feel the emotional connection with Emma as I was hoping and looking for. So for me the story then dragged on plus the fact that none of the other characters were engaging as well. Although I am interested to see what the author has in store for her next book as this book did show a slight glimmer of promise. ( )
  Cherylk | Aug 30, 2015 |
For Natalie
I'm not a particularly nervous flier, but like most people, I'm scared of turbulence.

Pre-wedding jitters turn into serious doubts in this fresh and funny debut about tying the knot and untethering from the past...

Everyone’s expecting her to walk down the aisle.
But something is telling her to run.

Emma Moon's mother thinks it's acceptable to miss her only daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner for a work obligation. Her father left when she was six months old. Emma hasn't exactly been raised to be a happily-ever-after kind of girl.

So when her anxieties get out of hand, Emma and her best friend, Liv, decide to take a road trip to San Francisco, find her long-lost father, and put her family issues to rest.

But her quest for the truth stirs up events and emotions she didn’t expect. The urge to run away may just be a part of Emma’s genetic makeup, because she’s growing more and more tempted to do just that…

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:32:03 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,214,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible