dismiss

Macbeth #killingit (OMG Shakespeare) by…

Macbeth #killingit (OMG Shakespeare) (edition 2016)

by William Shakespeare (Author)

Series: OMG Shakespeare (4)

"William Shakespeare's tragedy told in the style of texts, tweets, and status posts"--
Member:AHSReader
Title:Macbeth #killingit (OMG Shakespeare)
Authors:William Shakespeare (Author)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (2016), 112 pages
Collections:March 2016

Macbeth #killingit by William Shakespeare

My son was gifted a set of three of these OMG Shakespeare books, and the premise looked so amusing that I put them in my own to-read pile. This was the first one I selected to read because I actually haven't read the full version of Macbeth. I know the gist, of course, and many of the famous lines, but this proved to be a fun way to read a synopsized version of the story.

The whole tragic tale is told as in through modern social media postings: texts, group chats, to-do lists, and public check-ins. As a ripe-old 39-year-old, I knew a lot of the slang (I was LOLing before the target audience of this book was born!) but even so, the acronyms and emojis were so thick they lost me at times... but even with that, I never ceased to be amused by the book. (There is a slang-decoder at the end of the book, which I wish I had known from the start.) This was a VERY quick read for me, but a good one. I look forward to reading the next two in the set soon. ( )
  ladycato | Apr 27, 2019 |
"Theater in general and Shakespeare in particular are notably protean, and the potential of this and its companions to inspire students to think outside the Globe is significant." - Kirkus Reviews ( )
  kvessels | Jun 25, 2017 |
So, I thought this was super cute and had me laughing out loud at parts. This is a good way to get a tween into Shakespeare, I suppose, but I wouldn't suggest this be the only way, have them read some actual SP too, yeah? Over all very good and I did enjoy it. 5 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Feb 13, 2016 |

William Shakespeareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Carbone, Courtneymain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Is a retelling of

Modern adaption inspired by txts and Facebook conversations.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,601,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible