Hidden Falls (Silverlake City Stories Book…

Hidden Falls (Silverlake City Stories Book 1)

by Stephanie Marks

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bymishmelle

In a nutshell, girl goes to visit her cousin in Hidden Falls, which is out in east doo-dah somewhere, and discovers there are more things in them thar woods than she ever imagined. An incident happens that opens her eyes to the fact that werewolves really do exist and one of them seems more than a little interested in her.

This is a short story of about 30 pages per Amazon’s estimate. The heat level is sweet and there is just a kiss and embrace at the end. The writing and dialogue flowed smoothly for me and was comfortable to read. There were a handful of typos, which would not stand out in a novel but they do somewhat in a story this short. There is a dog in the story that I enjoyed. I love it when animals are given a role in a story.

I’m struggling a bit with what to rate this story. It is really hard to find PNR short stories that are satisfying and written well. This one is actually one of the better ones I’ve read. I liked the author’s writing style, dialogue, and characters, and also the story overall; however, it felt more like the beginning of a romance to me rather than a complete story. Instead of Happily Ever AFTER, the ending felt more like Happily Ever BEFORE. There is no I Love You because it is too soon for that. They are attracted to each other but not in love yet because they have not overcome the obstacles to get to the HEA.

It was an enjoyable story even though the ending disappointed me somewhat, but I plan to try more by this author. I would be interested to see what she could do with a full novel size romance. ( )
  mishmelle | Sep 8, 2015 |

All that Seline Michaelson needed was some time to get away from the city to clear her head. She never expected to meet a man that could make her forget about her ex-boyfriend while staying with her cousin, until she met James.

But what started as a simple vacation in the small town of Hidden Falls, quickly became a lesson that would put everything Seline thought she knew about the world to the test. Because everything seems to grow bigger in the mountains, especially the wolves.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,914,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible