Pete the Cat's Train Trip by James Dean

I chose this book because the little boy I nanny for loves Pete. He especially loved this one because not only was it Pete, but Pete got to ride a train! Pete was going to visit his grandma and was very excited not only because of visiting his grandma, but he had to take a train to get there! While on the train, the conductor showed Pete around and shows him the engine and the big loud horn. Pete ends up making new friends on his train ride and has a wonderful ride. I love how easy this book was to read especially to a three year old. The pictures were bright and big and the words were nice in size as well. ( )
  lcrosby | Apr 21, 2016 |
My kids (3 and 5) both love Pete the Cat books and this one was no exception. The added bonus of a train only made them request this one again and again. I was not surprised they liked this book, as it had their favorite things in it: Pete, trains, and a grandma.

I prefer the I Can Read series of Pete the Cat books and this one seemed to have more of a narrative than the others. Pete is still a great character and the bright color scheme is always appealing to kids.

Pros: Climb aboard in this story with a lovable and familiar character, trains, and a fun trip.

There's more to our review. Visit The Reading Tub®. While you’re there, add a link to your review of the book.
  TheReadingTub | Apr 8, 2016 |
Personally, I enjoyed this book more because it was a bit more in depth for my older students to understand. I say older, meaning my three and four year old classroom. They were able to see the plot of the book in which Pete goes through the process of getting on the train, actually riding the train, and finally reaching his destination. Obviously this book in general was probably more in depth than they've seen before, but it was interesting to witness the changes and how they reacted to it. ( )
  cbuquet5 | Mar 9, 2016 |
A story and a train AND Peter the Cat!! ( )
  melodyreads | Aug 10, 2015 |

Pete the Cat is back in New York Times bestselling artist James Dean's beginning reader Pete the Cat's Train Trip. Pete can't wait to visit Grandma, especially because he gets to take a train ride to see her! The conductor gives Pete a tour of the train, and Pete gets to see the engine and honk the horn. Pete even makes new friends and plays games on board. What a cool ride!

Pete the Cat's Train Trip is a My First I Can Read Book, which means it's perfect for shared reading with a child. Fans of Pete the Cat will delight as Pete takes the grooviest train trip in this hilarious I Can Read adventure.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 20 Jul 2015 04:06:06 -0400)

Embarking on a train trip to visit his grandmother, Pete the Cat accompanies the conductor on a tour of the train, looks at the engine and blows the whistle while making new friends and playing train-themed games.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,433,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible