Sunset Kisses (Sunset Beach Romance Series…

Sunset Kisses (Sunset Beach Romance Series Book 1)

by Angela Ford

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Is a well written short romance story which, not only embraces the small town culture, but also encourages women to be themselves and to stand up to what they want in their hearts.
I won an ebook of Sunset Kisses through a Librarything Giveaway ( )
  allysonrabbott | Nov 20, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
So once upon a time there was a cute girl and a boy next door in a small town. The girl wants to grow up and conquer Wall Street. She leaves the boy next door behind and achieves her goal. Then she has rough sex with her boss(defined as he tears off her panties) for six years, then her friends tell her he's no good. So she quits her job and leaves her boss boyfriend, goes back to the small town, and overnight finds what she wants to do, asks her friends to walk away from their lives so she can achieve her next goal, which they do, lets the boy next door paw her and kiss her some more as if she never left. He proposes a day later, she accepts, and they all live happily ever after. The end. I'll skip over the technicalities of the writing and just say it could use an editor. ( )
  Karla.Brandenburg | Oct 6, 2015 |
Oh boy...Alivia leaves Jacob to go to college, lands a CFO job nearly right after, has an affair with her boss who she apparently can't stand, but loves her only friend/assistant Mandy. Ok, got that.
Then, an invitation to a high school reunion comes, her 3 best friends Skype her (yes, she now has more friends and they are very close), Alivia decides to go, but before she leaves, she dumps her boss, quits her job and may move back to Sunset Beach... Long story short, she gets there, goes to she & Jacob's special spot to see the sunset before the reunion- sees Jacob, they reunite instantly, go to the reunion where she grabs her friends to take them to an old inn that she now wants them all to buy & refurbish..., and I'm done. At this point, I'm exhausted just reading this, and it all happened within about 30 pages!
I appreciate the effort, but the writing is choppy, amateur, and in desperate need of compound sentences and a thesaurus. It seems the author doesn't know her character, so how can we? She is at times contemplative to the point of redundancy, then manic and making life altering decisions at the drop of a hat, with no background or basis for them. It feels like the author had worthy ideas, but a tough time writing them, as I had a tough time reading this.
*I received an arc for an honest review* ( )
  KimMcReads | Oct 4, 2015 |
What a wonderful story to begin a new series entitled “Sunset Beach Romance Series” by my favorite Books to Go Now authors!

I love everything about this story! “Sunset Kisses” is so much more than another contemporary romance but rest assured it is the perfect story to read on any beach vacation and it will whisk away the cares of the world if you happen to discover the title in the midst of winter and are curled up with pillows and a blanket in front of the fireplace.

Characters Alivia Jones and Jacob Adams were inseparable in high school. They shared daily life, secrets, dreams, and had a spot that was all their own to watch sunsets. But the only way for Alivia to pursue her dreams was to leave Sunset Beach even if it meant leaving Jacob. Alivia left as promised on the eve of her 18th birthday to make her dreams of happiness and success come true in New York, NY. She’s never looked back and vowed never to go back. But is that one promise that should be broken?

Alivia also has four (4) amazing women in her life – Fiona, Kyra, and Summer, three (3) friends from high school days, and her assistant Mandy, in the Wall Street firm of Financial Freedom. The 10th year high school reunion invitations have been received. Can all of Alivia’s friends convince her that it’s time to go back to Sunset Beach?

As a former librarian, it is always a delight to consider for what readers I might have recommended a particular story or series for reading pleasure or perhaps for some gentle support along their life journey. I might not have had any personal knowledge of what patron to recommend Alivia’s story but it is a story that I would recommend to be available in every public library collection. This story touches on a subject that women often find difficult to discuss even with the best of friends. Alivia is feeling as though she has sold her soul to make her dreams come true. Sometimes it might seem easier “to settle” for a relationship particularly if as in Alivia’s case the guy has control over the signature on her paycheck. The reader views Alivia going through all the different emotions to determine if she has a choice to make for her future. It’s not merely a decision of whether to attend the 10th year reunion. Will Alivia “settle” for being taken for granted and being available “on demand?” Can the strength and encouragement within the nucleus of her supportive friendships help Alivia make new choices? Will change bring the happiness and love that has always been the best part of her wishes and dreams?

This story warms the heart. No lectures. No preaching. Daily living. Enduring friendships. Sunset kisses.

If this series is similar in format to other series by Books to Go Now authors, it means readers are in for an extraordinary treat as I suspect that the next stories in the series will each feature one of Alivia’s girlfriends. So please excuse me, but I can’t wait to get back to reading. It’s time for me to read the 2nd story in the series, “Sunset Nights” by Sharon Kleve. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Jul 27, 2015 |
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review

Alivia is a successful banker who is also having a relationship with her boss, Brent. She starts to notice how possessive and calculated he has become. Should she continue this one sided relationship? She receives an invitation in the mail for her ten year class reunion. Alivia left that life a long time ago and broke a man's heart. She contemplates if it is a wise decision to return home and perhaps run into the man she once loved.

After another fight with Brent , she realizes it is time to end the relationship and tells him she is resigning as CFO of Financial Freedom. Brent becomes angry and tells her he will destroy her reputation on Wall Street. She feels a sense of freedom as she walks out of the office. It is time for a new beginning and she is ready to make changes in her life.

Alivia finds herself talked into going to the reunion by her friends , so off she goes to her hometown and maybe to see a glimpse of Jacob, her old boyfriend. Will Alivia see her old flame? Can she really come back home again? With her friends encouragement she finds herself stepping into the room where the reunion is taking place.

The author writes Alivia as a determined independent woman who is seeking to find peace with her past. I love how she takes Alivia to a special place that holds the most cherished memories for her. As she is wrapped in the moment of her favorite place , she feels someone next to her. The first moment that Jacob and Alivia see each other is such an endearing and touching moment. Jacob has always loved Alivia and never gave up on her.

The story is filled with surprises and a new venture for Alivia and her friends . What will the old inn become? Can Alivia and her friends succeed in her hometown? The author has written one of the most touching romantic scenes I have ever read. The story flows with a sweetness like a beautiful rose that has just been freshly cut. I could not put the book down and as the last word was read I remembered the author writing " If you let go of something you love and it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't it never was. Thank you for a great story of a lost love and giving others hope that the one they let go of, will return someday. ( )
  Harley0326 | Jun 30, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Angela Ford's book Sunset Kisses was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,431,212 books! | Top bar: Always visible