Deirdre (The Fires of Gleannmara series #3)…

Deirdre (The Fires of Gleannmara series #3)

by Linda Windsor

This was a very well written story and a good finish to this series. Favorite quote from the book, "Peace does not come with the absence of trial, but with the presence of God". This story takes you to a far away land and time and gives you a glimpse into "the year of our Lord 657". I found myself thinking about the story during the day, wondering how it would end and looking forward to sitting down and reading it in the evening (which is always a good thing).

One book description I read said it the best, "A Saxon pirate prince, loyal to neither God nor country, is skeptical of his Christian mother's predictions about his birthright. . . until he captures a devout princess with the key to both heavenly and earthly kingdoms. What his mother said about his true birthright seems possible after all, even when his new-found faith is battered by storms of betrayal that wash him and his half-drowned bride upon the sea-swept shores of Gleannmara. Deirdre, the third heroine in the Fires of Gleannmara series, is an Irish princess wed to a heathen thief. Although she is a reluctant heroine, compassion becomes her shield, prayer her sword, and God's Word her direction."

Enjoy! ( )
  judyg54 | May 18, 2015 |
This book was mostly fabulous. The last few chapters were not quite wonderful, but the rest of the book was really enjoyable. I literally was giggling at some points and even gasped at others. This is the third in a series and where the first book was great, and the second was not so thrilling this one was a very adventurous and pleasant read. It even has a twinge of remembrance to [book: Bride Most Begrudging] that I found humorous and fun. Deirdre, Princess of Gleannmara is a wonderful woman of God and throughout the book she gives me more and more hope and guidance of the idea of what a prayer-life could really be like if you try and do not despair. Jeremiah 29:11 is the main theme written throughout this book and it is a wonderful one. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
This was an entertaining book to add to the series on Gleannmara. It had plenty of action, adventure, intrigue, distrust, and deceit. The love story was entertaining, and I loved getting to know these characters. Read more: http://christianfictionaddiction.com/book_reviews/deirdre.htm ( )
  Katie_543 | Apr 10, 2007 |

Deidre of Glennmara dests out from Ireland with her brother's ransom, only to be taken prisoner by a Saxon pirate named Alric of Galstead.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,405,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible